Daily Current Affairs 3rd May 2023
Air Marshal Narmadeshwar Tiwari has been appointed as the new Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C)
- Air Marshal Narmadeshwar Tiwari was on Monday sworn in as the new Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C) of the South Western Air Command (SWAC) in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- It is mentioned that there he was actively performed in the development and operation of the light fighter aircraft – TEJAS. Narmadeshwar Tiwari succeeds Air Marshal Vikram Singh following his retirement on April 30.
DRDO and Indian Navy successfully conducted first test of “Air Droppable Container”-150 in Goa
- The Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and the Indian Navy jointly conducted a successful test flight of the ‘Air Droppable Container-150’ (ATC) from the IL-38ST aircraft off the coast of Goa.
- The ADC-150 will help meet the critical requirement and provide rapid response to ships within 2,000 km from the coast, the Ministry of Defense announced.
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs signed MoU with RITES ltd to enhance technical support for “Swachhata Project
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) – signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with RITES Limited, focusing on expediting solid waste and used water management. The agreement is expected to lead to a main shift in urban sanitation.
- Under SBM 2.0, the agreement is said to strengthen the thrust on sustainable solid waste management across the globe to create Wastage-free cities.
NITI Aayog has released a set of best practices for the year 2023 in the social sector
- NITI Aayog published a report titled “Best Practices in the Social Sector – A Compendium 2023” in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme.
- into this, it will be an opportunity to appreciate the innovative efforts of the states, adopt environment-friendly practices and learn about inter-state harmony, by the announcement.
ASEAN- India Maritime Exercise (AIME-2023) Starts
- The ASEAN – India Maritime Exercise (AIME-2023) is scheduled to take place from 02 to 08 May 2023. Indian Naval Ships INS Satpura and INS Delhi arrived in Singapore on May 1, 2023 along with Flag Officer Commanding Eastern Fleet to participate in the exercise.
- It is notable that India’s first indigenously built missile destroyer “INS Delhi” and indigenously built guided missile frigate “INS Satpura”, part of the Indian Navy’s Eastern Fleet in Visakhapatnam, have been deployed to Singapore.
Odisha has become the second state to start OBC survey
- The OBC survey was conducted by Odisha state in last Monday. The State of Odisha has announced that this Survey will be held from May 01 to May 27.
- The state of Odisha announced that this survey is being conducted for socio-economic progress and development. Last month (April 2023) Bihar became the first state to conduct the survey.
The GST collection for April 2023 has been pushed to an all-time high of Rs 1.87 lakh crore.
- GST collection for April 2023 is Rs 1.87 lakh crore, the finance ministry announced on Monday.Total GST collections in April 2023 hit an “all-time high” and in April 2022, Rs. 1,67,540 lakh crore, the next highest grosser at Rs. 19,495 crores more,” by the government statement.
- The revenue for April 2023 is 12% higher than the GST revenue for the same month in last year(APRIL 2022), by the government statement.
- notable that the total GST collection has crossed ₹1.75 lakh crore for the first time. The total number of e-way bills generated in March 2023 was 9.0 crore, which is 11% more than the 8.1 crore e-way bills generated in February 2023, the government announced in its report.
Justice D.S Shivangaanam has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court
- The Department of Judiciary under the Union Ministry of Law has issued a notification for this appointment. It is notable that Justice Sivagnanam previously worked in the Madras High Court.
- Justice Prakash Srivastava, who was the Chief Justice before this, resigned on March 30 and was nominated by the Supreme Court Collegium.
Gold for India at the ISSF Shooting World Cup held in Cairo capital of Egypt
- Mairaj Ahmed Khan and Kanemat Sekhon won gold for India at the ISSF Shooting World Cup held in Cairo in the capital of Egypt.
- In the final match of the “skeet mixed team” event on the fourth day of the tournament, the Indian pair won the doubles event with a 6-0 victory over Luis Raul Gallardo and Gabriela Rodriguez.
India wins gold in long jump at MVA Athletics Championships
- India’s Murali Sreesankar won the gold medal in long jump at the “MVA Athletics Championships” in Chula Vista, USA on Sunday.
- Murali Sreesankar’s best at the USA event was 8.29m, 0.07m off his personal best of 8.36m Only less was. This is India’s national record in men’s long jump.
World Asthma Day 2023
- “Asthma Care for All” is the theme for this year 2023.
- “World Asthma Day” is observed on the first Tuesday of May every year. The day aims to raise awareness around the world about Asthma Disease (NCD), a non-communicable disease that affects both children and adults.