Daily Current Affairs 31st March 2023
Ministry of Defense has awarded contract to BEL for 13 Lynx-U2 fire control systems for Indian Navy.
- The Defense Ministry has signed an agreement with Bharat Electronics Limited to procure 13 Lynx-U2 Fire Control Systems for the Indian Navy at a cost of Rs 1700 crore. The Lynx-U2 system is designed and developed in-house.
- The Ministry of Defense has announced that the fourth generation Lynx-U2 system will be installed on new generation maritime patrol vessels. It will encourage Indian industries including MSMEs by encouraging Atma Nirparda initiatives in the defense sector.
List of Most Powerful Indians -2023 released
- Indian Express has released the list of the most powerful Indians in 2023. Prime Minister Narendra Modi tops the list. It is followed by Home Minister Amit Shah, Minister S Jaishankar, TY Chandrachud and UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat is at the sixth position and BJP national president JP Natta is at the seventh position.
Metro train service on 3 routes in Trichy district
- It has been suggested that there is a possibility of constructing three lines of metro rail service in and around Trichy city for a distance of 68 km. The first line will be constructed from Samayapuram to Vayalur for a distance of 18.7 km.
- A second line of 26 km from Duvakkudi to Panjapur will be constructed. Following this, a third line has been constructed for a distance of 23.3 km from Junction to Ring Road in Mathur area.
Minister Amit Shah launched several development projects in Uttarakhand, including computerization of the Multi-Purpose Initiate MPACS.
- Union Home Minister and Cooperative Minister Shri Amit Shah inaugurated the computerization of Uttarakhand State’s Multipurpose Primary Agricultural Credit Cooperative Societies (MPACS) = Cooperative Agriculture, Jan Suvita Kendras and Janavushati Kendras in Haridwar.
- Computerization of Principal Agricultural Credit Society (PACS) has been started in Uttarakhand for the first time in the country. Computerization of 670 PACS in the state has been completed. Shri Shah said that Uttarakhand was the first state to start 95 Jan Aushadi Kendras and Jan Suvita Kendras under cooperative societies.
UIDAI opens new Grievance Redressal Center in Hyderabad
- The Regional Office of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has opened a new ‘Grievance Redressal Centre’ in Hyderabad centered on Citizenship Center to provide better experience to Aadhaar holders.
- The center provides Aadhaar-related services to residents of Union Territories like Hyderabad, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Andaman and Nicobar Islands. An average of 200 residents visit the office daily to redress their grievances.
Ajay Singh became the new president of ASSOCHAM
- Ajay Singh, Chairman of ‘SpiceJet’, has been sworn in as the Chairman of ‘ASSOCHAM’, the Indian trade and industry association. Sumanth Singh, Managing Director of ‘Renew Power’ was in this position.
- Ajay Singh holds an engineering degree from IIT Delhi and a master’s degree in business administration from Cornell University. He is also the president of the Boxing Federation of India and the vice-president of the International Boxing Association.
T.S Sivagnanam has been appointed as the Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court.
- Sivagnanam took office as a judge of the Calcutta High Court in 2021. The Chief Justice of the Calcutta High Court Prakash Srivatsava retired. Shivanjanam has been appointed by the President as the Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court.
- Sivagnanam started working as a lawyer in 1986. He has been Additional Judge of Madras High Court since 2009.
Sheikh Mansoor has been appointed as the Vice President of the United Arab Emirates
- Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan has been appointed as the Vice President of the United Arab Emirates with the approval of the Federal Supreme Council of the United Arab Emirates.
- Sheikh Mansoor has been a prominent figure in the politics of the United Arab Emirates since his appointment as Minister of Presidential Affairs in 2004. He has also chaired several government agencies including the Emirates Investment Authority.
Union Government Award to Tamil Nadu Tourism Department
- Ministry of Tourism, Government of India conducted a National Workshop on Integration and Public Private Sector Partnership. Following that, the Union Tourism Minister G.Kishan Reddy presented an award to the Tamil Nadu Tourism Department in appreciation of the Tamil Nadu Tourism Department’s efforts to improve the beach front in Kanyakumari.
- Chandramohan, Principal Secretary, Department of Tourism and Charities received the award.
Centenary year of the Vaikam struggle
- Somanathar Temple is located in Vaikam in Travancore, Kerala. There was a practice that other castes were not allowed to walk in the streets around this temple. A protest was held on March 30, 1924 against this. Important leaders including Periyar participated in this religious struggle.
- The centenary of this Vaikam struggle is being celebrated on March 30, 2023.