Daily Current Affairs 2nd March 2023
Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela was inaugurated by Union Agriculture Minister Shri Tomar
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) organised the Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela every year held from 2 to 4 March 2023 in New Delhi.
- The event was inaugurated by the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar.
- The theme of the fair is “Nutrition, Food and Environmental Protection with Shree Anna”.
Exercise Shinyuu Maitri 2023
- Exercise Shinyuu Maitri is being conducted from 13 February 2023 to 02 March 2023 at Komatsu, Japan. The IAF contingent is participating in Exercise Shinyuu Maitri 23 with one C-17 Globemaster III aircraft.
- The exercise provides an opportunity for the experts to interact and study each other’s operational philosophies and best practices and also it provides the interoperability and mutual understanding between the IAF and the JASDF.
Highest number of internet shutdown countries in the world List in 2022
- Internet advocacy watchdog Access released a new list about the highest number of internet shutdowns across the world, in that list India has topped first for the fifth consecutive time.
- Ukraine was ranked second in the list with 22 times shutdowns and Iran ranked third place in the list with 18 times shutdowns.
‘Stop Tobacco’ app has launched by the Karnataka government to curb public smoking
- Karnataka government’s State Tobacco Control Cell (STCC) has launched the specific app called ‘Stop Tobacco’ app on February 28, 2023.
- The function of the app is to allow the users to take a photo of the smoking persons in public places and also upload pictures of those smoking persons then they will be fined.
8th Edition of Raisina Dialogue to be held in New Delhi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 8th Edition of Raisina Dialogue will be held in New Delhi from March 2 to 4th March, 2023.
- Raisina Dialogue is an annual conference held on geo-economics and geo-politics and also the dialogue mostly focuses on foreign policies, geopolitics, nuclear issues and international relations.
- The theme of the Dialogue is “Provocation, Uncertainty, Turbulence: Lighthouse in the Tempest”.
New Principal Director General of the Press Information Bureau has been appointed
- Shri Rajesh Malhotra has taken charge as Principal Director General, Press Information Bureau (PIB), after the retirement of Shri Satyendra Prakash retirement Shri Malhotra takes over charge as New Principal Director General.
- Shri Rajesh Malhotra, belongs to an Indian Information Service (IIS) Officer of the 1989 batch, had been working in Ministry of Finance since January 2018.
Appointment of members of the National Commission for Women
- Mamata Kumari, Delina Khongdup and Khusboo Sundar have been appointed as members of the National Commission for Women.
- Under Section 3 of the National Commission for Women Act, 1990 (20 of 1990), the Central Government nominates the trio as members of the National Commission for Women (NCW) for a period of three years.
Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi became the Command of the Western Naval
- Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi took charge as the Command of the Western Naval headquartered in Mumbai.
- He was preceded by Vice-Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh as the Western Naval Command(WNC).
Nigeria’s new president was elected
- The African country called Nigeria presidential election was held on 25 February 2023, In that election, Bola Tinubu won the presidential election.
- According to the Independent National Election Commission (INEC), Tinubu received 8.79 million votes and won the election.
Sportstar ACES award 2023
- The Sportstar Aces Awards 2023 held in Mumbai. The award has been given under 27 categories.
- They are
|Name of the Game||Sportsman Of The Year||Sportswoman Of The Year|
|Cricket||Hardik Pandya||Harmanpreet Kaur|
|Track And Field||Avinash Sable||Annu Rani|
|Team Sports (Hockey)||PR Sreejesh and Sunil Chhetri||Savita Punia|
|RACQUET SPORTS||Lakshya Sen and Sharath Kamal||Dipika Pallikal Karthik|
|Para Sports||Rahul Jakhar (Shooting)||Manish Ramadass (Badminton)|
ICC Test Best Bowlers Ranking List
- ICC has released a new ranking list of the best bowlers.
- According to the new ranking list
- Ashwin from the Indian team has ranked 1st position.
- England is ranked 2nd by James Anderson,
- Pat Cummins of Australia is ranked 3rd place,
- Bumrah from India is ranked 4th place.
Zero Discrimination Day 2023
- Zero Discrimination Day is observed every year on 1st march 2023.
- The main aim of observing this day is to initiate a movement of solidarity on an international level to eradicate all forms of discrimination based on disability, race, gender, religion, age.
- Theme of the day is “Save lives: Decriminalise”