Daily Current Affairs 26th May 2023
The Ministry of Civil Aviation has launched version 5.1 of “RCS-UDAN” to improve connectivity to remote areas of India.
- The Ministry of Civil Aviation has launched the Regional Connectivity Scheme (RCS)-UDAN (Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik) version 5.1 to improve connectivity to remote areas of India and reach the country’s last mile connectivity through helicopters.
- The UDAN 5.1 project has been announced to usher in a new mechanism not only for civil aviation but also for remote and underserved areas of India.
Union AYUSH Minister Shri Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the PCIM&H ‘e-office’ and “Online Portal”.
- Union Minister for AYUSH and Ports, Shipping and Waterways Mr. Sarbananda Sonowal inaugurated the “PCIM&H” and “Pharmacopoeia System of Indian Medicine and Homeopathy” (PCIM&H) “Website” at Ghaziabad Division.
- The central government has said that the website is for selling online Softcopies of drug monographs.
A startup from Kerala has featured in the “Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia” list.
- Founders of Kerala-based startup Genrobotics have showcased India’s potential to the world by featuring in the ‘Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia’ list under the “Industry, Manufacturing and Energy category”.
- The Founders of the company are 29-year-old Nikhil Np, 28-year-old Vimal Govind MK, 28-year-old Rashid Karimpanakkal and two others.This startup is trying to create a robot called “Bandicoot” to replace human labor in cleaning clogged drains.
Zimbabwe topped the list of most miserable countries.
- The recently released Hanke Annual Misery Index (HAMI) has ranked Zimbabwe as the ‘most miserable country’ in 2022. The announcement said Zimbabwe was in a deep economic recession with an inflation rate of 243.8 percent in the previous year due to poor governance.
- India is ranked 103rd in this list. The reason for this has been found to be unemployment. Switzerland emerged as the least miserable country, topping the list (157).
Apple tops the list of the world’s most innovative companies in 2023.
- According to Boston Consulting Group’s (BCG) annual report, Apple has topped the list of the world’s most innovative company in 2023.
- Apple is followed by Tesla, Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft, Moderna, Samsung and Huawei. The Tata Group, at number 20, is the only “Indian company” on the list.
Uttarakhand’s First Vande Bharat train launched.
- The semi-high speed train running between Dehradun in Uttarakhand and Delhi is India’s 17th Vande Bharat train and Uttarakhand’s first.
- The train is indigenously manufactured with advanced safety features including Gavach technology.
The Department of Animal Husbandry and Fisheries in Chandigarh has won the Skoch Silver Award for the year 2023.
- The Department of Animal Husbandry and Fisheries, Chandigarh has received Skoch Silver Award 2023 for e-governance for computerization of medical records of treated animals. This scheme is innovative and first of its kind in the country.
- The main objective of the scheme is to facilitate livestock owners to register their livestock online for artificial insemination and other services like treatment, vaccination etc.
An Institute for Transformation of Arunachal (ITA) is planned to be set up on the model of Niti Aayog.
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Kandu has announced that the Government of Arunachal Pradesh will set up the Institute for Transforming Arunachal Pradesh (ITA) in partnership with NITI Aayog to take development of Arunachal Pradesh to the next level.
- It is also said that this system will “create an ecosystem for knowledge base of learning which will be a crutch for the development of the state of Arunachal Pradesh”.
6 MoUs have been signed between Singapore and Tamil Nadu Government.
- In the presence of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin and Singapore’s Commerce Minister S.Easwaran, the Tamil Nadu government has signed 6 MoUs to work with various organizations in Singapore.
- In this, the MoU signed between Hi-P International Pvt Ltd is seen as very important. With the guidelines of this company, Tamil Nadu is said to have signed an agreement to “set up a manufacturing plant for electronic spare parts.
Researchers have discovered a new species of tree in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The discovery of a new tree species in Arunachal Pradesh has been published in the May 19 edition of the “Edinburgh Journal of Botany”.
- Named “Meiogyne Arunachalensis”, the new species of tree has been discovered by researchers while studying the biodiversity of the “Adi hills of Arunachal Pradesh”.It is the third species of India, the first species of Eastern Himalayas and Northeast India, according to the report.
President Draupadi Murmu inaugurated India’s largest High Court in Jharkhand.
- President Draupadi Murmu on May 24 inaugurated the new “Jharkhand High Court Building” in Ranchi, Jharkhand at a cost of around Rs 550 crore. It has the status of being the largest court in the country.
- The new High Court’s 165-acre campus has the status of being the largest court in the country by area.
Appointment of Harsh Jain as President of IAMAI
- Harsh Jain, co-founder and CEO of Dream Sports, has been elected as the president of the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) from 2023 to 2025.
- He replaces Sanjay Gupta, who is a Vice President of Google India.
Vedanta – Foxconn appoints ‘Mike Young” to oversee and Boost up India production.
- Vedanta – Foxconn Semiconductors Ltd. has appointed Mike Young as Senior Vice President, Project Management Office and Manufacturing Operations. He will oversee chip production in India, the company said.
- It is notable that He previously served as the CEO of Singapore’s Systems Company, which is based on silicon manufacturing.
Gold for India in International Jumping Event held in Greece
- May 24, 2023 India’s long jumpers “Murali Sreeshankar wins Gold and Jeswin Aldrin wins Silver” in the International Jumping Competition held at Kallithea, Greece.
- Sreesankar cleared 8.18m to successfully retain his title in the men’s long jump to win gold.