Daily Current Affairs 26th January 2023
“Bharat Parv” six – day mega event organized by Ministry of Tourism
- The six – day mega event “Bharat Parv” event is going to be organized by the Government of India at the Lawns and Gyan Path in front of Red Fort, Delhi from 26th to 31st January, 2023, as part of the Republic Day Celebrations.
- The event would have Food Festival, Handicraft mela, folk and tribal dance performances, Performances by cultural troupes, Display of Republic Day Tableaux, illumination of Red Fort etc. Bharat Parv was previously held 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 (and virtual in the year 2021).
North India’s largest floating Solar project inaugurated in Chandigarh
- Union Territory Administrator, Banwari Lal Purohit has inaugurated northern India’s largest floating solar power project of 2000kWp worth Rs 11.70 crore at waterworks, Sector 39, Chandigarh.
- These projects have been designed and executed by CREST (Chandigarh Renewable Energy and Science & Technology Promotion Society) and will generate a minimum of 35 lakh units (kWh) of solar energy per year with 20% module efficiency.
MoU signed between Prasar Bharati and National Media Authority (NMA), Egypt
- India and Egypt today signed an MOU to facilitate content exchange, capacity building, and Co-Productions between Prasar Bharati and National Media Authority of Egypt, The MOU which will be valid for three years.
- Under this MoU, both the broadcasters will exchange their programs of different genres like Sports, News, Culture, Entertainment and many more areas on bilateral basis and these programs will be telecast on their Radio and Television platforms.
Visakhapatnam railway station receives ‘Green Railway Station Certification’
- Visakhapatnam railway station of East Coast Railway has been awarded the ‘Green Railway Station Certification with highest rating of Platinum’ by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) for adopting green concepts thereby reducing the adverse environmental impact.
- Visakhapatnam railway station performed well in categories such as sustainable facilities, health, hygiene, energy and water efficiency, smart green initiatives, innovation and development.
BPCL to set up a 1 GW renewable energy plant in Rajasthan
- BPCL stated that it had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), with Rajasthan’s government, to establish the renewable energy power station.
- The main aim is to achieve ‘net zero’ Scope 1 and 2 emissions by 2040 has been set by the company. It intends to increase its renewable energy to 1 GW of generating power by 2025, and 10 GW in 2040.
The 3rd edition of Nagaland’s annual Orange Festival 2023 is taking place in Kohima
- In Nagaland, the third edition of the annual Orange festival 2023 got underway at Rusoma village, under Kohima district on 24th January 2023.
- The Orange festival in Rusoma Village of Kohima district is conceptualized to recognize the hard work of the orange growers while facilitating them the market linkages to sell their produce at one hub.
Himachal Pradesh celebrates its 53rd Statehood Day
- Himachal Pradesh is located in the northern part of India and is situated in the western Himalayas and its 53rd Statehood Day is celebrated with full enthusiasm across the state on January 25, it was formed on Jan 25 in 1971 and became the 18th state of India.
- People from the Indus valley civilization used to live near the foothills of the modern state of Himachal Pradesh between 2250 and 1750 BCE.
- During the prehistoric era tribes such as the Koli, Hali, Sahi, Dhogri, Dasa, Khasa, Kanaura, and Kirata were believed to live here.
The 7th ‘Nature and Birds Festival’ will begin in Uttar Pradesh
- The 7th ‘Nature and Bird Festival’ is being organized by the Department of Forestry and Tourism of the State Government of Uttar Pradesh at the Vijaysagar Bird Sanctuary in Mahoba District, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Chief Minister of the state, Yogi Adityanath, will inaugurate the festival which will be held from February 1st to 3rd and nature and wildlife enthusiasts, bird researchers, experts and tourists from international countries will visit during this festival.
New chairman of Amul was appointed
- Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) called Amul brand has announced the appointment of Shamalbhai B Patel as its chairman and Valamjibhai Humbal as vice chairman.
- Shamalbhai B Patel is the chairman of Sabarkantha District Cooperative Milk Producers Union Ltd., Sabar dairy and related to dairy cooperatives of Gujarat since final 33 years.
- Valamjibhai Humbal, has been chairman of Kutch District Cooperative Milk Producers Union Ltd., Sarhad Dairy for the reason that final 14 years.
Prabdev Singh appointed as Chief Executive Officer of the nation’s lender
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. has received approval from India’s RBI to name Prabdev Singh as the lender’s chief executive officer in the country.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) last week approved a three-year term for Singh, Singh had been JPMorgan’s interim CEO since November, replacing Madhav Kalyan who — in October — was named head of payments for Asia Pacific.
Chris Hipkins takes over as Prime Minister of New Zealand
- Chris Hipkins, was sworn in as the 41st Prime Minister of New Zealand on 25 January 2023 by the country’s governor-general, Cindy Kiro, during a ceremony in the capital, Wellington.
- After Jacinda Ardern announced her resignation as the New Zealand PM,Chris Hipkins took over as Prime Minister of New Zealand; previously Chris Hipkins had served as education and police minister.
Science and Technology
Norovirus cases detected in Kerala
- Noro virus has been circulating among humans for over 50 years and is thought to be one of the primary causes of gastroenteritis.
- The virus is capable of surviving low temperatures, and outbreaks tend to be more common during the winter and in colder countries — that is why it is sometimes referred to as “winter vomiting disease”.
- The Kerala Health Department on January 24 confirmed two cases of gastrointestinal infection Norovirus in class 1 students in Ernakulam
901 Police personnel awarded Police Medals on the occasion of the Republic Day, 2023
- A total of 901 Police personnel have been awarded Police Medals on the occasion of the Republic Day, 2023.
- The Police Medal for Gallantry (PMG) has been awarded to 140, the President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service (PPM) to 93 and Police Medal for Meritorious Service (PM) has been awarded to 668.
- The Police Medal for Gallantry is awarded on the grounds of Conspicuous Gallantry in saving life and property, preventing crime or arresting criminals.
- President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service is awarded for special distinguished record in Police Service
- The Police Medal for Meritorious Service is awarded for valuable service characterized by resource and devotion to duty.
Ministry of Jal Shakti Announces Winners for ‘Water Heroes Share Your Stories’ November 2022
- The Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched the ‘Water Heroes: Share Your Stories’ contest. Till date, three editions of the contest have been launched on MyGov portal.
- The objective of the contest is to promote the value of water, in general, and for supporting country-wide efforts on water conservation and sustainable development of water resources.
- Winners are
- Shri Bapu Bahusaheb Salunkhe, Nashik, Maharashtra
- Gungun Chaudhary
- Shri Vaibhav Singh, IFoS
13th National Voters Day 2023 award Winners
- The 13th National Voters Day 2023, which was organized by the Election Commission of India, at Manekshaw Center in New Delhi
- In the event, the President had given the awards to the three officers from the state have been selected for the Best Electoral Practices Awards for 2022.
- Maneesh Garg CEO
- Pankaj Rai DC, Bilaspur
- Nipun Jindal DC, Kangra
- And the All India Radio News received the National Media Award for carrying out an outstanding campaign for voters’ awareness and education in the electronic media category.
ICC 2022 Award Winners List
- Every year, the International Cricket Council (ICC) awards various awards including Best Player, Best Player, Best ODI Team, T20I Team and Test Team.
|Category Name||Winner name||Country|
|ICC Men’s Associate Player of the Year 2022||Gerhard Erasmus||Namibia|
|ICC Women’s Associate Player of the Year 2022||Esha Oza||United Arab Emirates|
|ICC Men’s T20I Player of the Year 2022||Suryakumar Yadav||India|
|ICC Women’s T20I Player of the Year 2022||Tahlia McGrath||Australia|
|ICC Emerging Women’s Player of the Year 2022||Renuka Singh||India|
74th Republic Day 2023
- On November 26, 1949, the Indian Constituent Assembly did, however, adopt the Constitution, and the Constitution of India came into force on January 26, 1950.
- President Droupadi Murmu will lead the Nation in celebrating Republic Day from Kartavya Path in New Delhi on January 26, 2023.
- In the year 2023 Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi will be the Chief Guest at the parade.
International Customs Day
- International Customs Day is celebrated around the world on 26th January to recognize the role and contribution of customs agencies and officials.
- The day aims to bring light to the challenges and working conditions of customs officers. The primary objective of observing International Customs Day is to recall their significant role in customs administration around the globe.
- The theme of International Customs Day 2023 is “Nurturing the next generation: promoting a culture of knowledge-sharing and professional pride in Customs”.