Daily Current Affairs 26th February 2023
A new app has been introduced to know Tolkappiyam
- Tolkappiyam is the oldest book in Tamil, Central Classical Tamil Research Institute has launched a mobile application to know the special features of this book through mobile phones.
- CICT has released this app on Google Android Play Store under the character authority named Tolkappiyam Character. It is reported that this app is very useful for the visually impaired.
List of most diabetes affected states in India
- List of states with the highest incidence of diabetes in India based on national statistics
- Kerala state is ranked first (27.4%)
- Tamil Nadu ranked second (22.3%)
- Andhra Pradesh ranked third (21.1%)
- Ranking of Union Territories
- Goa ranked first (22.7%),
- Puducherry ranked second (22 %)
- Lakshadweep ranked third place (21.9%)
Russia is suspended from Financial Action Task Force (FATF) membership
- The Paris-based Financial Action Task Force (FATF), an international standard-setting body on illicit finance, has suspended Russia from its membership.
- It is the first time a country has been removed in FATF’s 34-year history for its “illegal, unprovoked and unjustified” full-scale military invasion of Ukraine.
India’s first state to introduce the robotic scavenger to clean sewages
- India’s first robotic scavenger “Bandicoot” has been launched by the Kerala government to clean sewages in the temple town of Guruvayur, and the technology to clean all its commissioned manholes.
- Bandicoot is a robotic machine that is engineered for cleaning any type of sewer manholes. The robot consists of the machine has waterproof, HD vision cameras and sensors that can detect harmful gases inside the manholes.
- Bandicoot, developed by Kerala-based Genrobotics, had recently bagged ‘Kerala Pride’ award at the Huddle Global 2022 conclave organised by Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM).
20th Edition of BioAsia – Health care convention inaugurated in Hyderabad
- Telangana’s Industries & IT Minister K Taraka Ramarao inaugurated the 20th Edition of ‘BioAsia’, Asia’s largest Life Sciences and Healthcare Convention in Hyderabad on 24th february 2023.
- The three-day global forum will witness the active participation of government dignitaries, business executives, scientists, researchers, and other delegates of global repute.
- This year’s theme is event is ‘Advancing for one to celebrate the spirit of collaboration and promoting human prosperity’.
Ellora Ajanta International Festival 2023
- The Union State Minister for Finance Dr. Bhagwat Karad will inaugurate the three-day Ellora Ajanta International Festival 2023 is held in Aurangabad on February 25.
- The festival is a celebration of the cultural heritage and diversity of the region and promises to be a feast for the senses, and also will feature a range of events, including live music performances, dance shows, art exhibitions, and food festivals.
International Bioresource Conclave and Ethnopharmacology Congress 2023 held at Imphal
- Union minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated a three days long International Bio-resource Conclave & Ethno-pharmacology Congress 2023 held from February 24-26, 2023 at the City Convention Centre, Imphal.
- For the first time since Independence, the North Eastern Region is organizing an event involving over 700 International and national delegates, representing over 35 countries from across the world.
- Theme of the event is “Reimagine Ethnopharmacology : Globalisation of Traditional Medicine”.
Special mobile App for G20 delegates developed by Aurangabad district Administration
- Aurangabad district administration has developed a special mobile app ‘G20 Aurangabad’ for the convenience of delegates arriving for the G-20 inception meeting scheduled in the city on 27th and 28th of February, 2023.
- The App will provide information to the delegates about the Names of the organizing committee office-bearers with their contact numbers and helpline numbers and the arrangements made for them in Aurangabad city.
Union Ministry of Ayush to organize its first ‘Chintan Shivir’ in Assam
- Union Ministry of Ayush is organizing a “Chintan Shivir” for Ayush at Kaziranga National Park, Assam from 27th – 28th February, 2023.
- The event is designed to discuss the futuristic improvements in the implementation of existing policies and programs relating to Ayush sectors & traditional medicine.
New Director General Quality Assurance was appointed
- Lt Gen RS Reen was appointed as Director General Quality Assurance on February 24, 2023; He was working as a senior faculty at Defense Institute of Quality Assurance, Bengaluru.
- He is a 1986-batch officer; Lt Gen Reen is an alumnus of the Indian Military Academy.
- The DGQA is an Inter-Service Organization functioning under the Department of Defence Production in the Ministry of Defense.
Best adventure tourism destination award
- In order to recognize the Jammu & Kashmir Tourism Department in recognition of its efforts in promoting ‘Gulmarg’ the India Today Tourism Survey has chosen Jammu & Kashmir Tourism for the best adventure tourism award.
- The awards were given away at New Delhi by Union Minister of State for Culture & Parliamentary Affairs, Arjun Ram Meghwal.
Noisiel Open Chess Tournament
- The Noisiel Open Chess Tournament Chess Tournament was held in Paris, France from 18th to 23rd February 2023. Nearly 52 international players from 11 countries participated in this tournament.
- In this tournament Erode Grandmaster Iniyan won the title, Indian international master NR Vignesh secures 2nd place and Norwegian Alexander Stromberg secures 3rd place.
Qatar Open International ATP Tennis tournament
- The Qatar Open International Tennis Tournament was held at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha, Qatar from February 20 to 25, 2023.
- India’s Rogan Bopanna, Australia’s Matthew Epton pair won the Champions Trophy by defeating Constant Lestine (France)-Boutique van de Jantskalp (Netherlands) in the men’s doubles final of the tournament.
- This was the First ATP win between Bopanna and Epton. They got Rs.60 lakh as a prize. And it was Bopanna’s 23rd doubles title overall.
8th Women’s T20 World Cup Cricket Tournament
- The 8th Women’s T20 Cricket World Cup is being held in South Africa with 10 teams participating.
- The final match of the tournament will be held in South Africa between Australia and South Africa on 26/02/2023.
World NGO Day
- World NGO Day is observed every year on February 27, N.G.O. is an acronym for non-governmental organization, and it was observed for the first time on February 27, 2014.
- World NGO Day is a day set aside to recognize, celebrate and honor the fundamental contributions and profound impact that these independent organizations have had on the world.