Daily Current Affairs 25th March 2023
Government of India introduces NRCP to prevent and control rabies
- The Central Government has launched the National Rabies Control Program (NRCP) to prevent and control rabies.
- Objectives of National Rabies Control Programme:
- Provision of rabies vaccine and rabies immunoglobulin through national free drug initiatives
- Provide training on rabies prevention and control, surveillance and interdisciplinary coordination
- Strengthen surveillance of animal bites and rabies deaths
- Also requesting the authorities concerned to effectively implement the Animal Birth Control (Dogs) Rules, 2023 to control the population of dogs.
A list of the world’s top financial centers has been released
- According to a list published by think-tank Z/Yen, New York is the top financial center in the world. The list of top 10 financial centers includes London, Singapore, Hong Kong, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Shanghai, Chicago, Boston and Seoul.
- Mumbai is ranked 61st, New Delhi is ranked 65th and Gujarat’s GIFT City is ranked 67th in this list.
Tamilnadu’s first floating restaurant
- Tourism Secretary Chandramohan said that for the first time in Tamil Nadu, the Tamil Nadu Tourism Department will set up a floating restaurant in the lake in Muttukkadu area of Chengalpattu district next to Chennai.
- This restaurant, which is estimated at Rs. 5 crores, is functioning with the contribution of private companies. This boat, which will be built with two decks, will be air-conditioned throughout the restaurant.
Ayrur village of Kerala has now been renamed as ‘Ayrur Kathakali Village’
- Known for its 200-year-old Kathakali Kalaris, Ayrur village in Kerala is now officially known as ‘Ayrur Kathakali Village’.
- The panchayat committee approved the name change in 2010, but it took 13 years to complete the process. It was noted that the village, located on the banks of the Bombay river, is famous for Kathakali performances of stories from Hindu mythology and the Bible.
Appointment of District Judge as Judge of Madras High Court
- The President has ordered the appointment of one additional judge to the Madras High Court and the transfer of two judges from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
- P. Vadamalai is a District Judge to be appointed as a Judge of the Madras High Court. Andhra Justice Pattu Devanand and Telangana Justice Devaraju Nagarjuna are to be transferred as Madras High Court Judges.
Remains of an ancient iron ore found near Manamadurai
- Remains of an ancient iron smelter have been found near Katturani Ayyanar Temple in Manamadurai, Sivagangai District. A lot of iron ore waste is found in this area.
- It can be known that the raw material for iron is present in this rock and iron products can be made if it is burned and smelted. It can also be known that this area may have been the habitat of primitive people from the Iron Age 2000 years ago.
Chinese boy sets new record in cube game
- Yiheng, a young player from China, has set a new speed record in cube game. Earlier, Yiheng beat Max Park and Tyman Kolasinski, who had a combined time of 4.86 seconds.
- According to the Guinness World Record, speed cubing prodigy Yiheng Wang completed the 3x3x3 puzzle cube in 4.69 seconds and broke the record.
World Tuberculosis Day
- Tuberculosis is a bacterial infectious disease involving the lungs. World Tuberculosis Day is observed on 24th March every year to create awareness about this disease.
- Theme for World TB Day 2023: “Yes, We can end TB”