Daily Current Affairs 23rd March 2023
In 2022-23 Contribution of Agricultural Sector in GDP
- Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar in Lok Sabha revealed the Second Advance Estimates of National Income, 2022-23 released by the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation.
- The share and growth of Gross Value Added (GVA) for agriculture and allied sectors in total economy is given below.
|Year||Share of GVA in total economy (%) at current prices||Growth of GVA (%) (at 2011-12 prices)|
2nd Anti-Submarine Warfare Craft Launched
- Indian Navy commissioned the second Anti-Submarine Warfare Shallow Water Craft (SWC) named ‘Androth’ at Hooghly River, Kolkata. The Launch Ceremony presided over by Vice Admiral Dinesh K Tripathi. The ship was built by the Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers (GRSE), Kolkata.
- Androth Island is located 170 Nm from Kochi in the Union Territory of Lakshadweep. The ship is named Androth to indicate its importance.
NTPC signs with Indian Army for green hydrogen plants
- On supporting India’s ‘Green Hydrogen Mission’, Indian Army signed an MoU with the National Thermal Power Corporation Renewable Energy Limited (NTPC REL) at Sena Bhawan, New Delhi.
- By this agreement, the private firm will set up a Solar Power Plant along the Northern borders. This will reduce the dependency on fossil fuel and helps in lower gas emissions.
India’s Most Valuable Celebrity List 2022
- Corporate investment firm Kroll publishes India’s Most Valuable Celebrities list every year.
- This list is published based on the values of celebrities in various fields like sports, cinema etc. Accordingly, Bollywood celebrity Ranveer Singh has topped the list for the year 2022.
Africa-India Military Exercise – AFINDEX 2023
- India and 23 African countries have started a nine-day mega military exercise in Pune. The exercise aims to develop necessary initiatives to strengthen India-Africa relations with a focus on promoting peace and security.
- African countries like Botswana, Cameroon, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eswatini, Ethiopia will participate in this field exercise (AFINDEX).
Asia’s largest International Liquid Glass Telescope (ILMT)
- Union Science and Technology Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated Asia’s largest 4-meter liquid glass telescope at Devastal in Uttarakhand.
- The ILMT has a 4-meter-diameter rotating mirror made of a thin layer of liquid mercury that helps it probe deep into the sky, focusing light and studying everything from asteroids to supernovae.
Rajasthan passed the Advocates’ Protection Bill
- The Rajasthan Assembly has passed the Advocates’ Protection Bill, making Rajasthan the first state in India to pass a Advocates’ Protection Bill.
- The Rajasthan Assembly has passed the Advocates Protection Bill, making Rajasthan the first state in India to pass the Advocates Protection Bill.
Indian Railway Odisha’s completes 100% electrification
- Indian Railway Odisha’s current broad gauge network is 2,822 km, which is 100% electrified, resulting in improved heavy haulage capacity, electricity maintenance cost, energy efficiency and mode of transport, foreign exchange savings etc.
- The railway network plays an important role in transporting minerals, agricultural products and other goods from Odisha to other parts of the country.
Hockey stadium named after Rani Rampal
- The Indian women’s team had a stunning win in the recent series in South Africa. India’s star player Rani Rampal made her contribution to the Indian team after a long time. So far she has scored more than 117 goals for the Indian team.
- MCF Rae Bareli Hockey stadium in Uttar Pradesh has been renamed as “Rani’s Girls Hockey Turf” in her honour.
World Water Day 2023
- World Water Day is celebrated every year on March 22 to create awareness about the importance of water and conserve it.
- The theme for 2023 is “Accelerating the change to solve the water and sanitation crisis.”