Daily Current Affairs 22nd January 2023
G20’s First Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group
- India will be holding the Presidency of G20 for one year till 30th November 2023, Under the G20 presidency four Meetings of the Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group (ECSWG) are scheduled, to be hosted by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC).
- ECSWG will focus on the agenda ‘Promotion of Blue Economy along with Coastal Sustainability’, ‘Restoration of Degraded Lands and Ecosystems’ and ‘Enhancement of Biodiversity’ and ‘Strengthening of Circular Economy’.
- The first G20 environment meeting under G20 India Presidency is scheduled to be held during 09th -11th February in Bangalore.
New insurance plan called “Jeevan Azad” was introduced in LIC
- LIC launched a new plan called “Jeevan Azad” on January 20, 2023.
- Jeevan Azad is an individual and savings life insurance plan. Through this, the policy holder gets savings and protection.
- The minimum basic sum assured is Rs.2 lakh and the maximum sum assured is Rs.5 lakh For this scheme.
- children from three months to 50 years old persons can join in this scheme,
- This policy can be taken for a term of 15 to 20 years. If 8 years have been deducted from the insurance period, premium payment is sufficient for the remaining years only.
9th World Tamil Economic Summit
- The World Tamil Economic Summit organized by Chennai Development Corporation will be held from March 18 to March 20, 2023 at World Trade Center Complex, Dubai.
- Further through this conference a discussion will be held to enrich the knowledge towards economic development, explore opportunities for higher education, vocational education, research and development, create investment and business opportunities in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, and develop my diverse economy.
- Every year the World Tamil Economic Conference organized by the Chennai Development Corporation has been held 8 times in different places. The first World Tamil Economic conference was held in 2009 in Chennai.
‘Run for Life’ marathon organized by Indian embassy in Kathmandu
- The Indian Embassy in Kathmandu organized a 5 km marathon ‘Run for Life’ with the theme of ‘lifestyle for Environment’ on 21st January 2023.
- The Run for life marathon celebrates 75 years of diplomatic ties between India and Nepal as well as 75 years of India’s Independence. The Marathon winner was awarded a gold medal after completion of the marathon.
SARAS Fair 2023 to be held in Jammu & Kashmir
- 1st SARAS Fair 2023 would be organized at Bagh-e-Bahu, Jammu and Kashmir from February 4 to 14,2023
- In that fair artisans and women self help groups from across the country will showcase their crafts, handcrafts, handloom and foods with the participation of women Self Help Groups from around their self made products.
Kerala’s Wayanad becomes first district in country to provide basic documents to all tribal
- Wayanad became the first district in the country to provide basic documents and facilities such as Aadhaar cards, ration cards, birth/death certificates, election ID cards, bank accounts and health insurance to all tribe’s people.
- As part of the Akshaya Big Campaign for Document Digitisation (ABCD) Wayanad district administration has attained the meritorious achievement by providing 1, 42,563 services to as many as 64,670 tribal beneficiaries.
Agreement signed between Tamil Nadu – Odisha Sports Departments
- A MoU was signed between Tamil Nadu and Odisha states to share sports and infrastructure in the presence of Tamilnadu sports Minister Udayanidhi Stalin.
- It was signed to pave the way for sharing and development of sports infrastructure between the two states, providing training to sportspersons of world class standard, developing international sports academies and other modern facilities for formal cooperation between the two states.
Best Police Station Award in the country for the year 2022
- Aska Police Station in Ganjam District, Odisha has won the Best Police Station Award in the country in 2022 and topped the ranking list.
- Also the award is given based on the categories of police station including crime rate, investigation, solving cases, infrastructure, and public service.
- In order to raise the standard of the police station and make it friendly among the people, this award is given every year by the Union Ministry of Home Affairs on behalf of the Central Government.
‘100 days to beat plastic’ Campaign held in Delhi
- Lieutenant-Governor of Delhi Vinai Kumar Saxena launched the campaign ‘100 days to beat plastic’ on 21st January 2023.
- This Campaign is a great initiative to make Delhi plastic-free and plastic is a recyclable thing and various products are made of plastic said by V.K.Saxena.
Meghalaya, Tripura, Manipur Statehood day
- On January 21, 2023, the northeastern states of Manipur, Meghalaya, and Tripura celebrated their Statehood day. The government of India granted their statehood on January 21, 1972, under the North Eastern Region (Reorganization) Act, 1971.
- This year (2023) Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya will celebrate their 51st Foundation Day.
- Maharaja of Manipur, Bodhachandra Singh signed the Instrument of Accession with India in 1947.
- Meghalaya comprises three main regions called Khasi hills, the Garo hills, and the Jaintia hills. The rulers of Garo and Khasi joined India in 1947
- Tripura merged with India in 1949 and was made a Union Territory.
Minorities Commission Vice-Chairman was Appointed
- The Tamil Nadu government has appointed Iraiyanban Kudhoos as the Deputy Vice Chairman of the Minority Commission.
- Due to the death of former Rajya Sabha member Dr. Mastan who was acting as the Deputy Chairman of the Tamil Nadu Minorities Commission, Iraiyanban Kudhoos has been appointed.
Administrator of Shooting World Cup 2023 has been appointed
- Justice Arjan Kumar Sikri has been appointed as an Administrator of Shooting World Cup 2023 by the Delhi High Court.
- He is appointed to manage the use of funds for the next ISSF Shooting World Cup 2023; the ISSF World Cup (Rifle/Pistol) will take place in March in Bhopal.
Researchers discovered the 92 nesting sites, 256 fossil eggs of dinosaurs in MP
- Researchers have uncovered 92 nesting sites containing a total of 256 fossil eggs belonging to India’s largest dinosaurs, in the Lameta Formation, Narmada Valley, Madhya Pradesh.
- The discovery of these fossilized eggs reveals intimate details about the lives of titanosaurs in the Indian subcontinent.
- Titanosaurs were herbivorous quadrupeds with long tails, long necks and small heads, and possessed vertebrae with a honeycomb-like internal structure.
A book titled ‘COACHING BEYOND: My Days with the Indian Cricket Team’ by R. Kaushik, R. Sridhar
- A book titled ‘COACHING BEYOND: My Days with the Indian Cricket Team’ authored by R. Kaushik & R. Sridhar.
- The book reflects primarily on R. Sridhar’s seven-year coaching tenure with the Indian cricket team as its fielding coach.
- Sridhar, a left-arm spinner who played for Hyderabad in the late 1990s, discovered his love for coaching when still an active player.
- Kaushik has been a cricket writer for more than three decades. Since starting his career with News time in Hyderabad.
Dan Christian has announced the Retirement
- Australia’s most experienced T20 cricketer Dan Christian has announced that the ongoing Big Bash League will be his last tournament, calling it quits on a glittering career spanning 17 years.
- Christian has amassed 5809 runs and bagged 280 wickets from 405 T20s for 18 different teams, including at international level and in seven separate competitions. He also has played 23 T20Is and 20 ODIs for Australia.
- Parakram Diwas (also called Parakram Divas) is celebrated on January 23 every year. It is an Indian national holiday marking the birthday of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose (popularly called Netaji), a prominent nationalist, politician, and freedom fighter.
- In order to inspire Indians, especially the youth, to emulate his courage, doggedness, selfless service, and patriotic fervor even in the face of oppression.