Daily Current Affairs 21st January 2023
Vigyanika -Science literature festival 2023 to be held in Bhopal
- Vigyanika, a Science Literature Festival is going to be organized during 22 & 23 January, 2023 in the Indian International Science Festival (IISF), MANIT, Bhopal, and Science Literature Festival” is being organized as part of the 8th India International Science Festival (IISF).
- The annual India International Science Festival showcases and celebrates the fruits of science and technology. IISF aims to engage the public with science and demonstrate how science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) provide solutions to improve our lives.
MoA was signed between Indian Ports Association and RIS
- Memorandum of Agreement between the Indian Ports Association and Research and Information System for Developing Countries for setting up a Centre for Maritime Economy and Connectivity in New Delhi on 19 January
- Research and Information Systems for Developing Countries should also offer their expertise in policy formulations, so that policy decisions can be implemented by the Government
Indo-Egypt Joint Training Exercise Cyclone – I
- The first ever joint exercise between Indian Army and Egyptian Army Special Forces “Exercise Cyclone – I” is being held for 14 days in the deserts of Jaisalmer, Rajasthan from 14 January 2023.
- The exercise aims to bolster defense cooperation between the two nations and focus on sharing professional skills and interoperability of Special Forces in desert terrain while undertaking counter terrorism, reconnaissance, raids and other special operations.
IREDA signed MoU with MNRE for 2023
- The Renewable Energy Development Agency of India has signed a MoU with the Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd on performance for the financial year 2022-23.
- The Renewable Energy Agency has set a revenue target of Rs 3,361 crore this year, which is 18% higher than the previous year’s revenue.
FITUR – world’s largest international travel exhibitions at Madrid
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India is participating in FITUR which is one of the world’s largest international travel exhibitions from 18th to 22nd January 2023 held at Madrid.
- The India Pavilion was formally inaugurated by His Excellency, Mr. Dinesh K. Patnaik, Indian Ambassador to Spain.On that day, Incredible India organized various Culture Performances, Yoga Sessions, Mehndi and Bollywood Dance Performances.
Brand Guardianship Index 2023
- The Brand Guardianship Index was published by Brand Finance is a global recognition of CEOs, who are building business value in a sustainable manner, by balancing the needs of all stakeholders — employees, investors, and the wider society.
- Based on ‘Equity’, ‘Performance’ and ‘Investment’ factors Brand Guardianship Index was released.
Brand Guardianship Index list 2023
|7||Fabrizio Freda||Estee Lauder Companies|
World’s First Battery Made out Of Sand installed in Finland
- The first completely functional sand made battery has now been installed in Finland. It is a technology that could be used to keep homes warm throughout the winter because it can store sustainably generated heat for extended periods of time.
- Polar Night Energy, a company created the battery that calls itself an “innovator of seasonal heat storage”.
- The process of the battery is to “convert electricity to heat, and store it for later use. We use sand as the storage medium, which leads to safe operation and a natural balance in the storage cycle.
Indigenous Mobile Operating System developed by IIT-Madras Incubated Firm
- The “BharOS” was developed by JandK Operations Private Limited (JandKops), which has been incubated at IIT Madras.
- “BharOS Service is a Mobile Operating System built on a foundation of trust, with a focus on providing users more freedom, control, and flexibility to choose and use only the apps that fit their needs, With NDA, PASS, and NOTA, BharOS ensures that Indian mobile phones are trustworthy,”
- No Default Apps (NDA)
- ‘Native Over The Air’ (NOTA)
- Private App Store Services (PASS)
Largest human red ribbon chain held in Odisha
- The National AIDS Control Organization (NACO) in Bhubaneswar’s Odisha formed the largest Human Red Ribbon Chain in the Kalinga stadium to raise awareness regarding the HIV AIDS disease on 19th January 2023.
- The awareness programme was organized by the Odisha State AIDS Control Society, Health & Family Welfare Department of the Odisha government under the leadership of NACO in coordination with the Department of Sports & Youth Services & Hockey India.
4th edition of International Trade Fair “Millets & Organics -2023″
- Millets & Organics 2023 – International Trade Fair at Tripuravasini, Bangalore inaugurated by Chief Minister of Karnataka Shri.Basavaraj Bommai and the exhibition will be held from 20th January to 22nd January 2023.
- The trade fair is a platform for farmers, farmer groups, domestic and international companies, central and state institutions in the organic and millet sector to connect and explore opportunities in agriculture, horticulture, processing, machinery and agri-technology.
- The first Organics and Millets Fair were held in 2017.
Praveen Sharma (IDSE) appointed as Director of National Health Authority
- Praveen Sharma (IDSE) has been selected for appointment as Director in the National Health Authority (Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission) under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare according to an order issued on January 19, 2023 from the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT).
- Sharma has been appointed to the post under the Central Staffing Scheme for a period of five years with effect from the date of taking over charge of the post or until further orders, and Sharma is an Indian Defense Service of Engineers (IDSE) officer of 2005 batch.
800-year-old Shiva lingam Pulikuthi hero stones found in Erode -Tamilnadu
- During the inspection of Angana Countan Putur village near Sathyamangalam in Erode district, a Shiva Lingam idol, two Pulikuthi hero stones and Nandi idols were found buried in the soil.
- Also archeologists discovered that the Shivalinga statue and two tiger spear center stones belong to 800 years old.
Best sustainable green field airport award
- GMR Goa International Airport (GGIAL), a subsidiary of GMR Airports Infrastructure, has won ‘Best Sustainable Greenfield Airport’ award under aviation sustainability and environment at ASSOCHAM’s 14th International Conference-cum-Awards for Civil Aviation 2023.
- The award was presented for “excellent initiatives” taken by GGIAL in implementing sustainability as one of core concepts.
International Environment & Safety Best Practices Award 2023
- SJVN Limited has been awarded the prestigious Greentech International Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Best Practices Award 2023, and Awards are presented by Greentech Foundation, New Delhi to organizations demonstrating the highest level of commitment to environment protection practices.
- In order to recognise the innovative practices & initiatives towards achieving sustainable goals and sustained positive impact through environment conservation SJVN received the Best Practices Award 2023.
- SJVN, formerly known as Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam, is an Indian public sector undertaking involved in hydroelectric power generation and transmission.
World Chess Championship Tournament – 2023
- The International Chess Federation (FIDE) World Chess Championship will be held in Astana, capital of Kazakhstan from April 7 to May 1, 2023.
- The tournament will have a total of 14 rounds of matches and the winner will be awarded with prize money of 2 million Euros.