Daily Current Affairs 1st March 2023
47th Civil Accounts Day
- The 47th Civil Accounts Day will be celebrated March 1st to mark the foundation of Indian Civil Accounts Service at Dr.Ambedkar International Centre, Janpath, New Delhi.
- Union Minister of State for Finance Shri. Pankaj Chaudhary will be the Chief Guest on the occasion.
Goa Organizes Multimedia Exhibition on International Year of Millets
- Central Bureau of Communication, Goa has organized a Multimedia exhibition on International Year of Millets at the Kadamba Transport Corporation Bus stand in Panaji.
- The exhibition was inaugurated by North Goa Superintendent of Police (SP),Nidhin Valsan today.Open to public till 3rd March, the exhibition aims to educate visitors about the importance of millets and encourage their inclusion in daily diets.
International Knowledge Festival
- The University of Bodoland, with the active support of the Bodoland Territorial Region (PDR) government, organized the first Bodoland International Knowledge Festival at Kokrajhar on Monday.
- Nobel Laureate Economist Professor Muhammad Yunus from Bangladesh and Padma Shri Awardee Philanthropist Chauji Bhai Dholakia participated in the inaugural function.
Aizawl to host the second B20 event from 1-3 March 2023
- From 1-3 March 2023, Aizawl will host the second of four B20 India events scheduled in the Northeast. Business 20 (B20) is the official G20 dialogue forum for the global business community.
- Chapchar Kut, which is a spring festival of Mizoram, will be showcased to the delegates at AR Ground on day three, to conclude the B20 conference in Aizawl.
G20’s second Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group (ECSWG) Meeting to be held in Gandhinagar
- The Second Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group (ECSWG) meeting will be held at Gandhinagar from 27-29 March 2023.
- Environment and Climate Sustainability is one of working groups under the Sherpa track. Four Meetings of the Environment and Climate Sustainability Working Group (ECSWG) are scheduled to be held at Bengaluru, Gandhinagar, Mumbai and Chennai.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister laid foundation stone for 44 hospitals at Rs 1,136crore
- Chief Minister M.K.Stalin inaugurates new schemes under “7 promising schemes” at Anna Centenary Library in Chennai (Feb 28) and provides job appointment orders and government welfare assistance.
- He laid the foundation stone of 44 hospitals at a cost of Rs 1,136crore so that the best quality of medicine is available to people from all walks of life.
Thali constituency of Arunachal is getting road connectivity for the first time
- For the first time since India’s independence, Tali, the last unconnected administrative center and the only unconnected assembly constituency of Arunachal Pradesh has been connected by road, ending years of waiting by the locals.
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Bema Kandu became the first Chief Minister to reach Tali in Girdadi district by road.
Union Minister Parshottam Rupala inaugurated the Grand Startup Conclave in Hyderabad
- Union Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Minister Parshotham Rupala inaugurated the ‘Grand Start-up Conclave’ on Animal Husbandry and Dairy at a convention center in Hyderabad.
- State Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister D. Srinivas Yadav, I&B Ministers of State Dr. L Murugan and Animal Husbandry Associate Dr. Sanjeev Kumar Palyan were present on the occasion.
Lt Governor Inaugurate Rs 192 Crore Project in Jammu and Kashmir
- In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Lt Governor Manoj Sinha inaugurated power infrastructure projects worth Rs.192 crore.
- Dedicating the power infrastructure projects to the people, the Lt. Governor said these projects will augment the existing distribution capacity and provide quality electricity to households and existing and upcoming industries in the respective areas.
Prasad Lavania has been appointed as the President of AIIMS
- Prasad Lavania, a professor at Sarojini Naidu Medical College, Uttar Pradesh, has been appointed as the head of AIIMS Madurai.
- Lavania has been appointed following the death of former AIIMS president V Nagarajan
A book titled ‘The Book of Bihari Literature’ by Abhay K has been published
- Bihari-Literature ‘The Book of Bihari Literature’ was released by Bihar Industries Minister Sameer Kumar Mahaseth at Grand Trunk Road Initiatives 3.0 in Patna.
- Speaking on the occasion, Minister Mahaseth said that this is an important contribution to promote the rich literature of Bihar in India and across the world.
India Wins GSMA Government Leadership Award 2023
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s visionary leadership gets global recognition. GSM Association (GSMA) has conferred Government Leadership Award 2023 to India for implementing best practices in telecom policy and regulation.
- India was declared winner in the ceremony held at Mobile World Congress Barcelona on 27 Feb, 2023. GSMA-Groupe Speciale Mobile Association
Best FIFA Football Awards
- Argentina captain Lionel Messi has been named the best player in men’s football by FIFA at the Best FIFA Football Awards ceremony held in Paris.
- Messi won the award for his best performance in men’s football from August 2021 to December 2022.
New Zealand vs England
- The New Zealand team has created history by winning the 2nd Test against England by 1 run.
- After the follow-on, they created the record of being the 4th team to win the Test and also made a revolution by defeating the England team which has been successful in Test cricket.
World Civil Defence Day
- World Civil Defence Day 2023 will be celebrated on March 1, 2023 on theme ‘Uniting the world’s leading industry specialists for the safety & security of future generations.’