Daily Current Affairs 19th January 2023
Military Tattoo & Tribal Dance Festival 2023
- A Military Tattoo & Tribal Dance Festival ‘Aadi Shaurya – Parv Parakram Ka’ will be held at Jawaharlal Nehru stadium, and the event held at New Delhi on January 23 & 24, 2023, the festival is celebrated as part of the Republic Day Celebrations 2023 and to mark the 126th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose (celebrated as Parakram Diwas).
- The aim of the festival is to remember the sacrifices of the country’s brave hearts and celebrate the rich cultural heritage which makes India so unique and diverse.
NCC Horse Show 2023
- NCC Horse Show 2023 was organized at Delhi Cantt in New Delhi on 17 January 2023. Kapil Sharma and Shaksi Tanwar were declared winners of the Best Rider Trophy in boy and girl categories respectively.
- The best rider competition at the All India level was introduced in 1967. The basic aim of the competition is to promote a sense of participation, equestrian skills and mastery in horsemanship.
‘VIRAASAT’ – handloom decor Exhibition
- The Ministry of Textiles is going to organize “VIRAASAT’ – Celebrating Handloom Home Décor – Special Handloom Expo – at Handloom Haat, New Delhi from 20.01.2023 to 30.01.2023 to showcase the Home Décor products made by Handloom.
- The exhibition focused on the age-old tradition of Sari weaving by showcasing exclusive handloom weaves from different parts of the country in their full fervor; the exhibition was organized in two phases from 16th to 30th December and 3rd to 17th January 2023 at Handloom Haat, Janpath, New Delhi.
MeitY launches Technology for Air Quality Monitoring System
- The Secretary, MeitY, Shri Alkesh Kumar Sharma has launched the Technology for Air Quality Monitoring System (AI-AQMS v1.0) developed under MeitY supported projects.
- The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Kolkata in collaboration with TeXMIN, ISM, Dhanbad under the ‘National programme on Electronics and ICT applications in Agriculture and Environment (AgriEnIcs)’ has developed a outdoor air quality monitoring station
- The system is to monitor environmental pollutants which include parameters like PM 1.0, PM 2.5, PM 10.0, SO2, NO2, CO, O2, ambient temperature, relative humidity etc., for continuous air quality analysis of the environment.
A new software service has been launched by the Land Survey Department in Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K.Stalin on January 18, 2023 launched the newly developed software to carry out overall creation of sub-divisions for approved housing estates, related deed transfer works and revenue tracking works in Corporations and Municipalities.
- With the help of this new software, the steps from preparing the notice of inquiry to the preparation of the final original documents and the preparation of chitta copies, which were carried out through manual processing in the revenue follow-up process, have been computerized and facilities have been established to complete the work quickly.
Telangana CM to launch ‘Kanti Velugu’ second phase in Khammam
- Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao will be formally launching the second phase of Kanti Velugu initiative, Eye Screening programme in Khammam district on 18 January 2023.
- The Programme is considered to be the world’s largest eye screening programme. Under the Kanti Velugu, free eye screening will be held at the special health camps for 100 days with 1500 medical teams. The first phase of Kanti Velugu was conducted for eight months by 827 health teams.
PM lays foundation stones for various development projects in Mumbai
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate and lay foundation stones for a string of projects worth more than Rs 38,000 crore aimed at developing infrastructure, easing urban travel, and strengthening healthcare during his visit to Mumbai on 19th January 2023.
- And also the prime minister will dedicate to the nation the Mumbai Metro Rail Lines 2A and 7, worth around Rs 12,600 crore.
Deputy National Security Adviser of the country was appointed
- Former Border Security Force (BSF) chief Pankaj Kumar Singh has been appointed as the country’s Deputy National Security Adviser.
- Pankaj Kumar Singh, who retired from the Central Paramilitary Force BSF on December 31, has been appointed Deputy National Security Advisor on a two-year contract.
- An Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, Ew, 1988 batch Rajasthan batch. Now Ajit Doval is serving as the National Security Advisor.
17th century Pulikuthi Veeran Hero-stone found in Kalvarayan Hills
- A hero-stone dating back to the 17th century has been found in the excavations carried out in Aladipatti villages at Arunoothumalai in Vazhapadi area, a continuation of Kalvarayan hill.
- It shows an aggressive tiger standing on the right side of the hero attacking the hero and the hero stabbing the tiger with a spear with both hands, and is a 17th century hero stone.
Science and Technology
Scientists have successfully experimented with changing the path of lightning using lasers
- Researchers from France have succeeded in a new attempt to change the path of lightning from the top of the Santi mountain range in the north-east of Switzerland.
- The laser device used for this is the size of a large car and weighs 3 tons (1 ton equals one thousand kg). The laser equipment was placed on a 400-foot-tall Swisscom telecommunications tower at a height of 2,500 meters skyward on top of a mountain.
- When researchers fire laser beams at thousands of times per second to deflect lightning, intense fibrillations are created within the light beam.
- These filaments have ionized nitrogen and oxygen molecules in the air. The electrons are then released and are easily deflected.
MeitY Technology for Bio sensing system based on EDC detection system
- The Secretary, MeitY, Shri Alkesh Kumar Sharma has launched the Technology for Bio sensing system for the detection of Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals in aquatic ecosystems (MEAN) developed under MeitY supported projects.
- The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), Kolkata in collaboration with ICAR-CIFRI, Baraackpore under the ‘National programme on Electronics and ICT applications in Agriculture and Environment (AgriEnIcs)’ has developed a bio sensing system for detection of Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals (EDC) in aquatic ecosystems, for qualitative and quantitative analysis of EDC content in water bodies.
National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) Raising Day
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) Raising Day is celebrated on January 19th every year in India to commemorate the establishment of the NDRF in 2006.
- National Disaster Response Force Awareness Day is an important day to remember and recognize the hard work and sacrifices of NDRF personnel in saving lives and property during calamities.