Daily Current Affairs 15th March 2023
BIS has introduced ‘Learning Science through Standards’ programme
- National Standards Institute of India (BSI) has launched a program called ‘Learning Science through Standards’ to help students learn science through standards.
- The program focuses on a sequence of courses aimed at students’ application of scientific concepts, principles and laws.
“Shared Buddhist Heritage” – International Conference 2023
- A two-day Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) International Conference on “Shared Buddhist Heritage” began today at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
- The aim of the international conference is to establish common links between Buddhist art styles, archaeological sites and ancient cultures of Central Asia in the collections of museums of SCO countries.
The literature of the karisal vattara agarathi [வட்டார அகராதி]
- Former Vice President Venkaiah Naidu has mentioned that ki. Rajanarayan’s books are considered as Karisal local dictionary.
- The centenary celebration of writer K. Rajanarayanan was held in Chennai. Venkaiah Naidu participated as a special guest and said ‘. He published a collection of essays called ‘ki.R.Hundred’.
13th Century Temple Discovery in Odisha
- The ruins of the temple were investigated at Patachana area in Jajpur district.
- Traditional buildings including the base of the temple dating back to the 13th century have been found there. A temple urn has also been found further away.
India continues to be the number one arms importer
- The list of the world’s largest arms importers has been published by the research institute ‘Sipri’. India is at the top in this.
- In the list of arms importers in 2018-22, India was at the top followed by Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Australia and China.
The 95th Oscars Award
- Michelle Yeoh won the Oscar for Best Actress for ‘Everything Everywhere All At Once’. She made history as the first Asian woman to win the Oscar for Best Actress.
Two Oscars for India:
- Music composer Keeravani and lyricist Chandra Bose won an Oscar for the song “Nattu Nathu”.
- Tamil Nadu director Karthiki Consulves and producer Kuneeth Monga won an Oscar for the documentary short film “The Elephant Whisperers”.
FIH Pro League Hockey
- India defeated ‘World Champions’ Germany for the second time in the Pro League Hockey 4th season at Rourkela, Odisha.
- Indian team won by 6-3. Karthi from Tamil Nadu scored two goals in this. With this win, India has topped the points table in the current Pro League hockey season.
World Consumer Rights Day-2023
- Every year, World Consumer Rights Day is celebrated on March 15
- The theme of this year’s World Consumer Rights Day is “Empowering consumers through clean energy transitions”
World Pi Day
- March 14th is celebrated every year as World π Day. π is the most important number in mathematics whose value is approximately 3.14 (in the American system of notation) represents the date of March 14th.