Daily Current Affairs 14th July 2023
An MoU has been entered into between MoD & FSSAI to ensure safe and nutritious food among the armed forces.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Ministry of Defense (MoD) and the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India(FSSAI) in a significant step to ensure availability of safe and nutritious food and promote healthy eating habits among the country’s armed forces.
- A book titled ‘Healthy Recipes for Defence’ was also released on the occasion. Developed by FSSAI, this book covers millet-based and highly nutritious foods.
A unique global navigation satellite system called ‘SAGAR SAMPARK’ has been inaugurated to strengthen the maritime sector.
- The Ministry of Ports & Shipping has inaugurated ‘SAGAR SAMPARK’, a Domestic-Differential Global Navigation Satellite System (DGNSS) to innovate, build better infrastructure and strengthen the Indian Maritime Sector (Navy).
- The structure was inaugurated by Shri Sarbananda Sonowal on 12th July. It is designed to provide accurate positioning information and correct errors and faults in the Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS).
A new campaign called BHARAT has been launched for the development of banks in the country.
- Shri Manoj Ahuja, Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, on July 12 launched a new initiative campaign for banks under the Agricultural Finance Framework BHARAT (Banks Heralding Accelerated Rural & Agriculture Transformation).
- This is a month-long country promotion campaign (July 15, 2023 to August 15, 2023). Shri Manoj Ahuja said that this initiative has been taken with the objective of making the banks in rural areas carry out agriculture and agriculture related activities with their own discretion.
The European Parliament (EU) has adopted new rules to increase energy savings.
- As part of the European Green Deal, the European Parliament approved plans to increase energy savings in July 2023 in order to set new energy savings targets for 2030. Members of Parliament passed the bill by a vote of 471 to 147.
- According to this, the project has been carried out with the aim of ensuring that its member countries reduce energy consumption by at least 11.7 percent by 2030 and ensure that member countries save energy by an average of 1.5 percent.
Elon Musk, the richest man in the world, has launched his artificial intelligence company xAI.
- Elon Musk, the leading billionaire, launched a new artificial intelligence (AI) company and website called xAI on July 12 with cutting-edge technologies and a team of former engineers from Alphabet, Google, Microsoft and OpenAI.
- It has been reported that Elon Musk will be the director of the company and Jared Birchall will be the executive secretary. Global industry experts say it aims to leverage the capabilities of other AI companies and platforms and achieve commercial growth.
The 7th Deputy – NSA level meeting of Colombo Security Conference was held in Maldives.
- The 7th Deputy – national consultative level meeting of the Colombo Security Conference (CSC) was held in Maldives on 12th July 2023.
- The meeting was attended by top security officials from member countries India, Sri Lanka, Maldives and Mauritius. Deputy National Security Adviser “Vikram Misri” chaired the Indian delegation at the meeting.
- The meeting discussed regional cooperation, countering cross-border extremism and new proposals for action in 2023-2024.
The Chief Minister of Gujarat laid the foundation stone for the IAAD campus in Gandhinagar.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel laid the foundation stone for IAAD’s (Indian Audit and Accounts Department) campus and security complex in its capital Gandhinagar on July 12.
- The complex was also inaugurated in the presence of the Auditor General of India GC Murmu. While Gujarat is leading the country in financial management, the center has been opened for the importance of further strengthening the state’s economy, the state chief minister said.
The Government of Assam has announced that all government employees of the state should work in “Durgam areas” for a certain number of years.
- The Assam state government on July 12 approved a scheme to make all civil servants of the state work for three to five years in the Durgam regions, recognized as a geographically difficult region.
- The state cabinet has given in-principle approval to the flagship initiative ‘Sugam to Durgam (comfort to difficulty)’ for better citizen-centric governance and service delivery. Accordingly, the agreement states that all government employees in the state, irrespective of caste and religion, should serve 3-5 years during their service in Durgam areas.
Union Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari has laid the foundation stone for 3 national highway projects worth Rs.2,900 crore in Andhra Pradesh.
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Mr. Nitin Gadkari laid the foundation stone for 3 national highway projects worth a total of Rs.2,900 crore in Tirupati, one of the major cities of Andhra State.
- In particular, the 35 km long NH-71 (up to Naidupate – Turpu Kanupur section) will be constructed with an investment of ₹ 1,399 crore and following this almost 2 projects will be very useful for the people, the Union Minister said. And its total length is mentioned as 87 kilometers.
Chhattisgarh State Cabinet has approved the Investment Incentive Scheme for Industrial Development.
- Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel on July 12 approved a scheme to provide special investment incentives to closed and lean industries and entrepreneurs in the state to promote and strengthen industrial activities in the state.
- The state’s industry in Chhattisgarh has been further strengthened by the cabinet’s approval of the proposed amendments related to exemption from electricity charges, stamp duty, ‘mandi’ charges, transport subsidy and finance, the Chief Minister announced.
Gold for India at 2023 Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships.
- India’s Gyaneshwari Yadav won gold in the women’s 49 kg category at the Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships in Noida, Uttar Pradesh on July 12.
- Gyaneshwari from Chhattisgarh lifted a weight of 176 kg (78 kg+98 kg) and stood on the platform. It is notable that in this competition, Jilly won the silver medal by lifting 169 kg (75 kg + 94 kg) by finishing second consecutively.
Bronze medal for India in the 10000 m race at the 2023 Asian Athletics Championships.
- India’s Abhishek Paul has won a bronze medal in the 10000 m race at the 2023 Asian Athletics Championships in Bangkok, Thailand on July 12.
- He won the bronze medal in this event with a time of 29:33.26. And it is noteworthy that his personal best was set by Abhishek Paul in Gujarat last year in 28:54.98 seconds.
TNPL – The Coimbatore Kings team has won the title of champion after defeating Nellai in cricket.
- Tamil Nadu’s most famous 7th TNPL In the cricket series, defending champions Coimbatore Kings and Nellai Royal Kings clashed in the final match at Nellie on 12th July night.
- It is significant that the Coimbatore team won the trophy by 104 runs in this final match. This is the 2nd time that Coimbatore Kings have won this trophy.
- Coimbatore Kings already shared the trophy with Chepak Super Gillies in last year’s rain-affected final.
Razorpay has launched its “First International Payment Gateway System”.
- Fintech giant Razorpay announced on July 12 that it will launch its “First international payment gateway” for the Malaysian market in partnership with payments company Curlec.
- The new Curlec payment gateway aims to serve 5,000 businesses with a target of RM10 billion annual gross transaction value (GTV) by 2025 and further expand its reach into international markets, according to the company’s chairman.
SRM Group has signed an agreement with a Japanese firm to manage AI technology in employment.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was entered into on July 12 between Cagney India, a subsidiary of Japan’s Forum Technology, Cresco and SRM Global Consulting to launch the Cagney website in India.
- Accordingly, this job portal has been developed by over 30 Indian AI professionals using AI Skill Linkage technology. Through this, it is reported that AI technology will find jobs that match their education and skills.
National France Day
- National France Day is celebrated on 14th July every year to commemorate the fall of the Bastille on 14th July 1789 and the recognition of France’s independence.
- It is also known as Bastille Day. And the central government has announced that Indian Prime Minister Modi will be the guest of honor at Bastille Day, which will be held in Paris, the capital of France, on July 13-14.