Daily Current Affairs 13th April 2023
Solar Corporation of India receives ‘Miniratna Category I’ qualification
- Solar Electricity Corporation of India (SECI), a central public sector enterprise (CPSE), has been accorded Miniratna Category-I status on April 10, 2023. A communication to this effect has been issued by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy of India.
- SECI enjoys ICRA’s highest credit rating of AAA. SECI plays a key role in rapidly increasing RE generation capacity in the country.
Central government declared Ambedkar’s birthday as a public holiday
- Indian constitutional architect Dr. Ambedkar was born on April 14, 1891 in Mow, Madhya Pradesh. Celebrated as the country’s greatest social reformer, he was an eminent educationist, economist, politician and jurist.
- In this situation, the central government has declared Ambedkar’s birthday on April 14 as a public holiday. Following this, holidays will be given to central government offices across the country.
World’s first death from H3N8 bird flu in China
- The World Health Organization has reported that a Chinese woman has died of H3N8 bird flu, the world’s first fatality from this type of bird flu.
- This is the first time that humans have died of this type of bird flu. This flu is not contagious.
Rajasthan’s first Vande Bharat Express
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Rajasthan’s first Vande Bharat Express.
- It is the “world’s first semi-high-speed passenger train in high-overhead electric (OHE) territory,” the government said officially.
India’s retail inflation eased to 5.66% in March from 6.44% in February.
- India’s annual retail inflation for March fell below the RBI’s level for the first time this year and eased to 5.66% from 6.44% shown in February government data.
- RBI is targeting a range of 2%-6%. Food inflation, which accounts for almost half of the overall consumer price basket, eased to 4.79% on lower vegetable prices.
3rd Phase of Excavation – Discovery of Antiquities near Thiruvallur in Tamil Nadu
- Chief Minister M.K.Stalin started the excavation work at 8 places such as Bhattaraiperumbudur in Tiruvallur district, Keezadi, Gangai Kondacholapuram in Ariyalur district, Vembakottai in Virudhunagar district.
- At present 3-phase excavation work is going on in 3 pits at Pattara Perumputhur in Thiruvallur district. In this, old equipment including glass beads, flint beads, game chips, potsherds have been found.
A manuscript in Tiruvaimozhi has been discovered in Alwarthinagari Adinathar temple in Thoothukudi in Tamil Nadu.
- In the Arulmiku Adinathar Alwar temple in Alwarthirunagari, Thoothukudi district, a trace containing the text of Tiruvaimozhi pasarams composed by Nammalwar, hailed as ‘Tamil Veda’, has been found.
- In this temple 19 traces were found. One of these bundles contains the text for the second ten and third ten hymns of the Tiruvaimozhi book. Also, 18 small sheaves containing the inscriptions of the temple have been found.
Asian Wrestling Championship: Nisha Dahiya won silver medal and Priya won bronze medal.
- Nisha Dahiya won a silver medal in the 68 kg category and Priya a bronze medal in the 76 kg category at the Asian Wrestling Championships in Astana.
- Priya beat Japan’s Mizuki Nagashima 2-1 in the bronze medal match.
Jallianwala Bagh Massacre Day
- The Jallianwalabagh Massacre, also known as the Amritsar Massacre, was a turning point in India’s struggle for independence from British rule.
- On April 13, 1919, British troops led by General Reginald Dyer opened fire on a peaceful crowd of unarmed Indians gathered in the Jallianwala Bagh public garden in Amritsar, Punjab, killing at least 379 and injuring over 1,000.