Daily Current Affairs 11th July 2023
The Union Home Minister will inaugurate a one-day conference on “Strengthening PACS through FPOs” in New Delhi.
- Union Home Minister Mr. Amit Shah will inaugurate a one-day conference on “Strengthening Primary Agriculture Credit Societies (PACS) through Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs)” in New Delhi on July 14.
- It is significant that the Union Ministry of Cooperatives and the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) have jointly organized this grand conference. The conference also aims to discuss how to promote agricultural credit societies in the country.
The Union Fisheries Minister inaugurated an exhibition on fish cooperatives and fisheries startups.
- On the occasion of National Fisherman’s Day, Union Fisheries Minister Parshotham Rupala inaugurated a grand exhibition on fish cooperatives and fishing startups at Mahabalipuram near Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- The Union Minister said that the two-day program will evaluate the initiatives of the Indian Agricultural Research Organization and discuss progress with fisheries departments of various states.
The CDS inaugurated the LRMR Hangar & Dispersal at the Naval Air Base, Port Blair.
- CDS Anil Chauhan on July 10 inaugurated the LRMR Hangar & Dispersal Hall at the Naval Air Base INS Utkrosh in Port Blair, the capital of Andaman and Nicobar.
- With this new system, the twin hangar is spread over 6,000 square meters and can accommodate a mix of P8I aircraft along with Tornier and advanced light helicopters, the CDS said during the inauguration ceremony.
Rikkie Valerie Kollé, has become the first transgender to win the title of Miss Netherlands.
- Rikkie Valerie Kollé has become the first transgender to win the Miss Netherlands title. It is also notable that this is the first time in the history of the national and world pageant that a person of the third gender has won the crown.
- According to the country’s beauty pageant organization, she is preparing to represent the Netherlands at the 72nd edition of Miss Universe (Miss Universe 2023) to be held in El Salvador after 22-year-old Ona Moody.
The Minister of State has inaugurated the Indian Mango Festival ‘Aamrus’ in Russia.
- Indian Mango Festival ‘Aamrus’ was inaugurated by Uttar Pradesh Minister Dinesh Pratap Singh and Ambassador of India to Russia Pavan Kapoor on 8th July in Moscow, the capital of Russia.
- Ambassador of India to Russia Pavan Kapoor said that this initiative has been taken with the aim of sharing their entire culture with each other through this event.
The Telangana High Court has recently ruled that the Telangana Eunuchs Act 1329 is unconstitutional.
- The Telangana High Court has recently ruled that the Telangana Eunuchs Act 1329 is unconstitutional and violative of the Constitution of India and violates the fundamental human rights of the transgender community.
- Recently, the judges hearing the matter, Chief Justice Ujjal Bhuyan and Justice C.V Bhaskar Reddy observed that the law is intrusive into the private affairs of the third gender community and an attack on their dignity.
The 3rd G20 Cultural Working Group meeting has started in Hampi.
- The third G20 Cultural Working Group meeting has begun in the World Heritage Site of Karnataka State’s Hampi in the presence of Union Parliamentary Affairs Minister Prahlad Joshi.
- The purpose of this conference is to discuss four themes proposed under the President of India and it is a two-day conference.
Gopalakrishnan was appointed as Secretary of Tamil Nadu Organ Transplantation Commission.
- Dr. N. Gopalakrishnan, MD, Director of Nephrology Department, Rajiv Gandhi Government General Hospital, Chennai, has been appointed as the New Member Secretary of the Tamil Nadu Organ Transplant Commission.
- In this regard, in the order issued by Tamil Nadu Health Department Secretary Gagandeep Singh Bedi, it has been mentioned that this appointment has been made after Dr. Gandhimathi, who was the Member Secretary of Tamil Nadu Organ Transplantation Commission, was recently released from the charge.
Science and Technology
ISRO plans to fully privatize SSLV.
- The Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) plans to soon transfer its Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV) to private or private space-acquired installations, after conducting two development flight tests of the rocket, which aims to deliver on-demand services to 500 kg satellites, the agency said.
- A senior official has said that the Indian Space Agency has decided to opt for the auction route to commercialize this small-scale rocket and not only manufacture the SSLV, but completely privatize it.
Fomento has won the Inspiring Business House of the Year Award.
- At the Vibrant Goa Inspiration Awards 2023 held on July 09, the prestigious business house, Fomento Resources, has conferred the prestigious “Inspiring Business House Award” for the year.
- Joe Lewis, Media Director, received the prestigious award on behalf of the company. And the Vibrant Goa Inspiration Awards are presented to honor exceptional personalities, professionals and business organizations across various categories.
An Indian player has won the Canada Open Badminton Championships.
- India’s Lakshya Sen won the men’s singles title of Canada Open Badminton 2023 in Calgary, Canada on July 09 night.
- He defeated China’s Li Shi Feng by 21-18, 22-20 points to win the championship. And this is Commonwealth champion Lakshya Sen’s first BWF World Tour title after nearly a year.
India to become world’s second largest economy – Goldman Sachs Report
- By 2075, India’s economy will overtake not only Japan and Germany but also the US to become the world’s second-largest economy, Goldman Sachs, an American multinational investment bank and financial services firm, said in its report.
- At present, India is the fifth largest economy in the world after Germany, Japan, China and USA in economic terms. And the report is based on factors such as India’s continued progress in innovation and technology, high capital investment and increasing labor & productivity, the agency said.
The only Spaniard to win the Ballon d’Or has passed away.
- Luis Suárez Miramontes, known as the “Golden Galician” and the only Spaniard to win soccer’s most prestigious individual award, the Ballon d’Or, has died at the age of 88.
- Notably, he won the European Cup and three Italian league titles in 1964, 1965, and won the Ballon d’Or, world football’s most prestigious individual award, in 1960.
World Population Day 2023
- Every year World Population Day is observed on 11th July to raise awareness of the problems caused by overpopulation on earth and to give ideas on how to deal with it.
- The theme for this year is “Unleashing the power of gender equality: Uplifting the voices of women and girls to unlock our world’s infinite possibilities”.