Daily Current Affairs 11th January 2023
PM to inaugurate National Youth Festival in Hubballi on Jan 12
- PM Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 26th National Youth Festival in Hubbali, Karnataka on 12th January 2023 at around 4 PM.
- The programme is being held on National Youth Day, which is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekanand, to honour and cherish his ideals, teachings and contributions.
Theme of the Festival: Viksit Yuva – Viksit Bharat
14th Edition of the World Spice Congress (WSC) to be held in Mumbai
- India is known as the ‘Spice Bowl’ of the world. It produces a number of quality, rare and medicinal spices.
- With an aim to open up newer opportunities to promote international trade of Indian spices, the 14th edition of the World Spice Congress (WSC), is to be held in Mumbai from 16-18 February 2023.
Tamilnadu CM launched the Global Tamil Angels platform
- Chief Minister M.K. Stalin launched the platform at the “Global Startup Investors Summit” jointly organized by Tamil Nadu Startup and Innovation Mission and FeTNA International Tamil Entrepreneur Network in Chennai.
- He launched the Global Tamil Angels platform (www.tamilangels.fund) of Start-upTN, which will enable investors from the Global Tamil Diaspora to make investments in Tamil Nadu-based start-ups.
Jai Hind’ – The New Light & Sound Show at Red Fort to be inaugurated by Home Minister Shri Amit Shah
- A new Light and Sound Show at the national capital’s Red Fort will be inaugurated by Union Home Minister Amit Shah today (January 10, 2023).
- The new avatar of the Light and Sound show at Red Fort is titled “Jai Hind” and will be a dramatic presentation of bravery and the history of India from the 17th century to the present day.
Bengaluru’s annual flower show at Lalbagh
- The 213th annual Bengaluru Flower Show will be held from January 19 to 29 at the Lalbagh Botanical Gardens.
- More than three lakh pots of 97 flower varieties including 20 exotic flowers from different countries will be on display.
Six lane National Highway to be constructed in Karnataka
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari announced plans to construct a six-lane National Highway in Karnataka between Chitradurga and Davangere.
- He also said that a National Highway will cost the Centre ₹1,400 crore and it will be built using sustainable methods.
N.Kotiswar Singh has been appointed as Acting Chief Justice of Guwahati High Court.
- Justice Nongmeikapam Kotiswar Singh was appointed as the Acting Chief Justice of the Guwahati High Court on Tuesday.
- Justice Singh will take over from January 12 after incumbent Chief Justice Rashmin Manharbhai Chhaya steps down on January 11, according to a notification issued by the Justice Department of the Law Ministry
Indian-origin man appointed to Board of Directors of toll road body in US
- An Indian-origin man has been appointed to the Board of Directors of the Fort Bend Toll Road Authority and the Grand Parkway Toll Road authority in the US state of Texas.
- Swapan Dhairyawan, 57, was appointed last week based on his background, community outreach, and financial expertise.
NASA appointed Indian-American AC Charania as Chief Technologist
- Indian-American aerospace industry expert, AC Charania has been appointed as NASA’s new chief technologist.
- Charania will lead technology innovation and help align NASA’s agency-wide technology investments with mission needs, the US space agency said.
Crypto startup funding has hit its lowest level in almost two years
- Crypto startups are having a tough time attracting private investors after the collapse of digital-asset exchange FTX.
- Venture capital investment in the industry fell to its lowest level in nearly two years in the fourth quarter of 2022, according to data from research firm PitchBook.
Lloris has announced his retirement from international football
- World Cup-winning France captain Hugo Lloris has announced his retirement from international football.
- The 36-year-old Tottenham goalkeeper bows out having been capped a record 145 times for the French men’s side,121 of them as captain.
British Junior Open squash: Anahat Singh of India is the champion
- India’s Anahat Singh wins girls’ under-15 category at British Junior Open squash tournament in England
- Anahat Singh beat Malaysia’s Harleen Tan 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the tournament and defeated Malak Samir of Egypt by the same score in the semi-finals to advance to the finals of the tournament for the 3rd time.
- In the final match, Anahat Singh defeated Egypt’s Sohaila Hausam 11-8, 8-11, 11-7, 11-5.
Kosrae Constitution Day
- Kosrae Constitution Day takes place annually on January 11 to commemorate the instituting of a constitution in the State of Kosrae.
- Kosrae, which was formerly known as Kusaie or Strong’s Island, is an island located in the Federated States of Micronesia.