Daily Current Affairs 10th March 2023
3rd session on National Platform(Disaster Risk Reduction)
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 3rd Session of the National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction to be held on March 10, 2023 at Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi.
- The theme of this session-2023 is: “Building Local Resilience in a Changing Climate”.
‘Government Bus’ website has been launched in Tamil Nadu
- Transport Minister S.C.Sivasankar launched Passenger Grievance and Complaint Redressal Helpline (1800 599 1500) and Public Website (Government Bus) schemes for the convenience of the public and passengers of Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporations.
- This website has been developed in English and Tamil with proper facilities for the public to search for the required information. The public can check the website address http://www.arasubus.tn.gov.in.
A floating shipyard in Tamil Nadu
- The Ministry of Shipping has given permission for four floating docks in Tamil Nadu.
- The central government has said that this will lead to economic development in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka and will provide more employment to local people and increase trade in those areas.
Arun Subramanian appointed as US District Judge
- Arun Subramanian of Indian origin has been appointed as the US Manhattan District Judge.
- The United States Senate has approved his appointment as a judge for the Southern District of New York.
Vedant Patel will serve as interim spokesperson for the US State Department
- Vedanta Patel, who is of Indian origin, will act as the interim spokesperson in the absence of US State Department Spokesperson Ned Price.
- He is currently the Deputy Spokesperson for the US State Department.
An early Pandya sculpture has been discovered in Tamil Nadu
- An early Pandyan sculpture with a Tava sculpture has been found at khallal in Sivagangai district.
- This statue which has been discovered is carved in relief on a slab of stone measuring two and a half feet wide and three and a half feet high.
Science and Technology
NASA has handed over the Nisar satellite to ISRO
- ISRO has received the NASA-ISRO SAR (Nisar) satellite from the American space agency.
- Nisar satellite is a low earth orbit observation satellite jointly developed by NASA and ISRO.
Inflation is on the rise in Egypt
- Inflation has hit new highs in Egypt, causing prices of essential goods to rise sharply, the country’s government said.
- Inflation for the year was 26.5 percent in January last year, but it increased to 32.9 percent in February.
International Golden City Gateway Tourism Awards 2023
- The Union Ministry of Tourism has won Gold and Silver Star Awards for India in the International Television and Cinema Trade and Country International category at the International Golden City Gateway Tourism Awards 2023 at Berlin ITP.
- Union Ministry of Tourism Secretary Arvind Singh received the award at the event held in Berlin from 7-9.
International Women Judges Day
- International Women Judges Day is celebrated every year on March 10 to promote the complete participation of women in the judiciary.
- The day is the second annual observance worldwide.
World Kidney Day
- World Kidney Day is observed every year on March 9 to raise awareness about kidney disease.
- The theme for this year is: “Kidney Health for All – Preparing for the unexpected, supporting the vulnerable.“