Daily Current Affairs 10th April 2023
- Prime Minister Modi released the Tiger Census Report-2022.
- According to the last 2022 census, there are a total of 3,167 tigers in the report. It is noteworthy that in 2018, there were 2967 tigers in that year’s report.
GST cess has been fixed for pan masala and tobacco products
- The central government has fixed retail price based GST cess on pan masala and tobacco products.
- Through this, the Central Finance Ministry announced, ‘Pan masala will be levied GST cess at 0.32 times of its retail price. The GST cess on tobacco products is fixed at 0.56 times the selling price.
Central government plan to set up 16th finance commission
- A Finance Commission is constituted every 5 years as per Article 280 of the Constitution.
- The finance committee will be formed by the end of the financial year 2023 under the chairmanship of NK Singh, the 15th chairman of the finance committee.
Exercise cope India 2023
- Exercise Cope India 23, a bilateral Air Exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the United States Air Force (USAF) is being held at Air Force Stations Arjan Singh (Panagarh), Kalaikunda and Agra.
- The exercise aims to enhance mutual understanding between the two Air Forces and share their best practices.
State Energy Efficiency Index for 2021-22 has been released
- Union Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh today released the State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2021-22 report.
- In this report for 2021-22, 5 states – Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan and Telangana – are in the leading category (>60 points), 4 states – Assam, Haryana, Maharashtra and Punjab – in the achiever category (50-60 points). Also, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Assam and Chandigarh are the top states in their respective state groups.
CR Rao has won the International Statistics Prize.
- Indian-American mathematician and statistician CR Rao won the International Statistics Prize at the age of 102.
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan by the Government of India (1968) and the Padma Vibhushan in 2001.
Tamil Nadu has passed a bill banning online gambling
- Online Gambling Prohibition Bill approved by Governor RN Ravi on April 10, 2023
- 5000 fine or 3 months imprisonment for playing or gambling on prohibited online gambling sites. This bill was signed by the governor under Article 200 of the Constitution of India.
Orleans Masters Badminton
- India’s Priyanshu Rajawat won his maiden world tour Super 300 title as he overcame Denmark’s Magnus Johannesen in the summit clash.
- Priyanshu Rajawat becomes the first Indian men’s singles player to win a World tour title since January 2022.
25th woman Grandmaster of India
- Savita Sri from Tamil Nadu became the 25th woman Grandmaster of India
- Savita defeats Erik Hedman of Sweden in the final of the All India Chess Championship to win the grandmaster title.
World Homeopathy day
- World Homeopathy Day is observed every year on April 10. The day is observed to celebrate the birthday of homeopath Dr. Samuel Hahnemann.
- Theme for this year-Homoeoparivar – Sarvajan Swasthya, One Health, One Family