UPSC IFS Application Form 2023: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the Notification for Indian Forest Service Examination, 2023 on the Official Site. Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Last date for submission of applications is 21.02.2023.
UPSC IFS Exam Notification 2023
|Name of the Board||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Indian Forest Service Examination, 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||21.02.2023|
UPSC IFS Vacancy 2023:
The number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expected to be approximately 150.
UPSC IFS Notification 2023 Age Limit:
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1st August, 2023, i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1991 and not later than 1st August, 2002.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:-
- up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates
UPSC IFS Eligibility Criteria 2023:
A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry.
UPSC IFS 2023 Selection Process:
The Indian Forest Service Examination will consist of two successive stages.
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service.
UPSC IFS 2023 Exam Date:
The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Screening Test for selection to Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, 2023 through Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2023 which will be held on 28th May, 2023.
UPSC IFS 2023 Application Fees:
Candidates applying (excepting Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash.
How to Apply for UPSC IFS 2023 Notification:
- Candidates are required to apply Online only by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
- It is essential for the applicant to register himself/herself first at One Time Registration (OTR) platform, available on the Commission’s website, and then proceed for filling up the online application for the examination.
- OTR has to be registered only once in life time. This can be done anytime throughout the year. If the candidate is already registered, he/she can proceed straightway for filling up the online application for the examination.
2.1 Modification in OTR Profile:
- In case, the candidate wants to effect any change in his/her OTR profile, it shall be allowed only once in the lifetime after the registration at OTR platform.
- The change in OTR profile data shall be available till expiry of 07 days from the next day after the closure of application window of his/her first final application for any Examination of the Commission.
- In the case, the candidate after registration of OTR applies for the first time in this examination last date of modification of OTR would be 28.02.2023.