Union Social Justice Minister launches “Swachhata Abhiyan” Mobile App
Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Thaawarchand Gehlot launched “Swachhata Abhiyan” Mobile app.
- This app is launched to seek the help of NGOs, Social Organisations and general public for collection and compilation of the data.
- This app has been developed to identify and geotag the data of sanitary latrines and manual scavengers
Kerala State Government and UN women partnered for Country’s first Gender Data hub
UN women and the Kerala Government have partnered to launch India’s first Gender Data hub. The objective of this data hub is to collect, analyse, and use more nuanced data and to inform policy formulation in the manner that will center-stage women’s rights.
- The Agreement was signed between officials of UN Women and Kerala State government. This collaboration will broaden and deepen various pioneering initiatives for gender equality and women empowerment.
- Chief Minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
MoUs & Agreements
Indian Army and Bank of Baroda inks MoU for Baroda Military Salary Package for Army Personnel
Indian Army and Bank of Baroda have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Baroda Military Salary Package
- The MoU was signed by Lt Gen Ravin Khosla, DG (Manpower Planning and Personnel Services) and Vikramaditya Singh Khichi, Executive Director, Bank of Baroda.
- This package includes free Personal Accidental Insurance cover, Permanent Total Disability cover, Partial disability Cover and Air Accident Insurance Cover of sizeable amounts,
- Headquarters: Vadodara
- Founded: 20 July 1908
Indian Government and World Bank signs agreement worth 500 million dollars for highway projects
Government of India and World Bank has signed agreement worth dollar 500 million to provide safe and green national highway corridors in four states of country.
The Four States are:
- Andhra Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Under this Green National Highways Corridors project, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) will be constructing 783 km of highways.
ICICI Bank’s launches ‘Infinite India’ Platform
ICICI Bank has launched a new online platform named – Infinite India. It is an initiative for providing a one-stop solution to foreign entities.
- It provides all pre and post services for setting a business entity under one roof along with tailor-made banking solutions for foreign entities.
About ICICI Bank:
- CEO: Sandeep Bakhshi
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: June 1994, Vadodara
Vineet Agarwal appointed as new Assocham President, succeeds Niranjan Hiranandani
Vineet Agarwal has been designated as the new President of The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham). He is Managing Director of logistics major Transport Corporation of India Limited.
- He succeeds Niranjan Hiranandani, Co-Founder and MD, Hiranandani Group of Companies.
- President: Vineet Agarwal
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Founded: 1920
Awards & Honors
US President confers Legion of Merit to PM Narendra Modi
The President of United States conferred the Legion of Merit to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The award was received by the Ambassador of India to the US Taranjit Singh Sandhu on behalf of the Prime Minister.
- The Legion of Merit is a military award of the United States. It is given for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding services and achievements, loyalty.
ATP 2020 Awards announced – Novak Djokovic emerges as the player of the year
The Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Awards announced for the year 2020. Novak Djokovic becomes 2020 ATP Player of the Year 2020 Award for 6th time
- Coach of the Year 2020 award won by Fernando Vicente. Mate Pavic and Bruno Soares won the doubles team of the year.
|Tim Gullikson Career Coach Award||Bob Brett (Australia)|
|Most Improved Player||Andrey Rublev (Russia)|
|Newcomer of the Year||Carlos Alcaraz (Spain)|
|Comeback Player of the Year||Vasek Pospisil (Canada)|
|ATPTour.com Fans’ Favourite||Roger Federer (Switzerland)|
|ATPTour.com Fans’ Favourite Team||Jamie Murray and Neal Skupski|
India successfully conduct maiden launch of Army Version of Medium Range Surface to Air Missile
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully launched the Medium Range Surface to Air Missile (MRSAM), Army Version from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur, Odisha.
- Army version of MRSAM is a surface to Air Missile developed jointly by DRDO, India and IAI, Israel for use of the Indian Army. The MRSAM has been manufactured by Bharat Dynamics Limited, India.
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Defence Secretary Ajay Kumar launches NCC Digital Forum
The Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar launched the DGNCC Digital Forum
- The forum will be hosted on the DGNCC website.
Union Sports Minister inaugurates 8 Khelo India State Centres of Excellence across India
Union Minister for Sports Kiren Rijiju has inaugurated 8 Khelo India State Centres of Excellence in India.
- The Khelo India State Centres of Excellence are being started in addition to the National Centres of Excellence
- The 8 states are Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Kerala, Telangana, Nagaland, Karnataka and Odisha.
National Farmer’s Day is celebrated on December 23
National Farmer’s Day is observed on December 23 annually. This day is also known as Kisan Diwas
- This day is celebrated every year to honour India’s farmers and mark the birth anniversary of the nation’s fifth prime minister, Choudhary Charan Singh.
- He was serving as agriculture minister in 1952 and launched the Kisan Trust on 1978 for farmers.
National Consumer Day is observed on 24 December
Every year National Consumer Day is celebrated on 24 December. This day provides an opportunity for individuals to highlight the importance of the consumer movement.
- This day also makes every consumer more aware of their rights and responsibilities.
- On December 24, 1986, the Consumer Protection Act 1986 received the approval of the President of India and came into force.
Good Governance Day 2020 – 25 December
Good governance is celebrated annually on 25 December, the anniversary of the birth of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- This day was founded in 2014 to honour Mr Vajpayee by raising awareness among the citizens of government accountability.