Birth Anniversary Of Amartya Sen
- Amartya Kumar Sen was born on 3 November 1933.
- He is an Indian economist and philosopher of Bengali origin.
- Since 1972 has taught and worked in the United Kingdom and the United States. He worked in welfare economics, social choice theory, economic and social justice, economic theories of famines, and indexes of the measure of well-being of citizens of developing countries.
- He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1998 and Bharat Ratna in 1999 for his work in welfare economics. He was also awarded the inaugural Charleston-EFG John Maynard Keynes Prize in recognition of his work on welfare economics in February 2015 during a reception at the Royal Academy in the UK.
- Culture Day is a national holiday held annually in Japan on November 3 for the purpose of promoting culture, the arts, and academic endeavor.
- Festivities typically include art exhibitions, parades, and award ceremonies for distinguished artists and scholars.
- Culture Day was first held in 1948, to commemorate the announcement of the post-war Japanese constitution on November 3, 1946.