Daily Current Affairs November 26, 2021
1)INS Vela in Navy:
- INS Vela is the fourth Scorpion-class submarine built jointly by France under the Project 75.
- The ship was handed over to the Indian Navy yesterday
- Specialty of the ship is Sensors that detect the distance of objects by sound.
2)Director of the CBI of India in a senior position at Interpol:
- Interpol is an international police organization coordinating the police forces of 190 countries.
- CBI Director Praveen Sinha from India has been selected to represent the Asian countries in the organization.
- Nasser al-Raise from the United Arab Emirates has also been appointed head of Interpol.
3)There are 1020 females for every 1000 males in India:
- The National Family Health Survey reports that there are currently 1020 women for every 1000 men.
- There are more women than men in most states.
- It is noteworthy that according to the last census of 2015-2016, there were 991 women for every 1000 men.
4)The largest international airport in Asia is located in India:
- The groundbreaking ceremony for setting up an international airport in Noida, Uttar Pradesh was held yesterday.
- The airport is expected to be the fourth largest airport in the world and the largest in Asia.
- The cost of setting up the airport is Rs 10,050 crore.
- Area- 1330 acres.
5)The RIC Conference is happening today:
- The 18th Tripartite RIC Conference on Russia-India-China is being held today via video conference.
- Various projects required for the development of country are to be discussed at this conference.
- This conference was held in Moscow, Russia in September last year.
6)100% first installment dose district Kanchipuram:
- So far more than 76% of people in Tamil Nadu have been vaccinated with the first dose and 40% with the second dose.
- Kanchipuram is the first district to get 100% first dose of vaccine.
- Second place- Coimbatore
- Third place- Ariyalur
7)S.B.Amrit appointed new Collector of Nilgiris:
- SB Amrit, former Minister of Municipal Administration of that District, has been appointed as the current collector of the Nilgiris District.
- It is noteworthy that Innocent Divya was the previous collector of the Nilgiris District.
8)India is a member of UNESCO:
- India has been selected from the Asia-Pacific region for next 4 years as a member of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee on the 17th.
- It has been announced that India will continue to be a member of UNESCO until 2025.