Daily Current Affairs December 04, 2021
National Police Station Ranking released:
- The National Police Station ranking was released by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The Nongpok Sekmai Police Station in Manipur was top 1st in the list of best police stations in India.
- In Tamil Nadu, Sooramangalam All Women Police Station at Salem was ranked as second best police station in the country.
- The Kharsang PS, Arunachal Pradesh‘s Changlang district was adjudged the country’s third-best police station.
Ranjitsinh Disale of India wins Global Teacher Prize,2021
- Ranjitsinh Disale won the Global teacher prize, 2020 on December 3, 2020.
- Ranjitsinh Disale is a primary school teacher from Solapur of Maharashtra.
- The Global teacher prize is awarded by the Varkey Foundation.
Inter-ministerial Apex committee (AIPA) was formed in India:
- Inter-ministerial Apex committee for Implementation of Paris Agreement (AIPA) formed
- The Union Ministry of Environment has constituted AIPA.
- The committee has been constituted under the chairmanship of the secretary of Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
Kuldeep Handoo appointed as “Fit India” movement ambassador:
- Kuldeep Handoo was born in Srinagar.
- Kuldeep Handoo was won the first Dronacharya Awardee from the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Kuldeep Handoo is appointed as the Ambassador of Fit India movement.
- He won 11 gold medals in National and 6 in International stage, is the Wushu coach of Team India.
- Under his guidance Athletes have won two gold medals at the world championship and one at the World Cup.
- He also serves as Inspector of police in Jammu and Kashmir.
Reliance Industries tops in Fortune India 500 Ranking 2020:
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has top 1st company in the list of Fortune 500 of Indian companies.
- The revenue of RIL was Rs 615,854.00, accounting for 7% of cumulative revenues and 11 per cent profit of the companies.
- The country’s biggest oil firm, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOC) was ranked in the second position, followed by Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) at the third position.
- The list was published by Fortune India, which is part of the Kolkata-based RP Sanjiv Goenka Group.
Oman announces to set up Oman-India friendship Association:
- Oman announces to set up Oman-India friendship Association.
- The aim of the association to provide a platform that promotes friendship, understanding and matters of mutual interest between Oman and India business and social communities in the Sultanate.
- This would be the first such initiative launched by Oman in West Asia.
International Sand Art Festival & Konark Festival 2020 begins:
- The 9th edition of the International Sand Art Festival and the 31st edition of the Konark Festival has brgins in Odisha.
- International Sand Art Festival is being held at the Chandrabhaga Beach of Konark in Puri district of Odisha.
- The world-renowned sand artist and Padmashree Awardee, Sudarsan Pattnaik, has been appointed as Chief Curator of the festival.
India & USA signs MoU on Intellectual Property Cooperation:
- The Government of India and the United States of America (USA) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of Intellectual Property Cooperation.
- As a part of this MoU, the two sides will develop Biennial Work Plan to implement the MoU which will include the detailed planning for carrying out of the co-operation activities including the scope of action.
- The MoU was signed between Dr Guruprasad Mohapatra, Secretary, DPIIT and Mr Andrei Iancu.
04 December:Indian Navy Day
- In India, December 4 is observed as the National Navy Day every year, to celebrate the achievements and role of the naval force to the country.
- The theme of Navy Day 2020 is “Indian Navy Combat Ready, Credible & Cohesive”.
- The day is marked in recognition of the launch of Operation Trident during the Indo-Pakistan war in 1971.
- The Indian Navy is the marine branch of the Indian Armed Forces and is led by the President of India as Commander-in-Chief.
- The Maratha Emperor, Chhatrapati Shivaji Bhosle of the 17th century is considered as “Father of the Indian Navy”.
04 December:International Day of Banks
- International Day of Banks is observed globally on the 4th of December.
- The day is celebrated to the recognition of the significant potential of multilateral development banks and other international development banks in financing sustainable development and also in recognition of the vital role of the banking systems in the Member States in contributing to the improvement of the standard of living.
England’s Dawid Malan achieves highest-ever rating points in T20I:
- Dawid Malan of England has attained the highest-ever rating points for batsmen in the MRF Tyres ICC Men’s T20I Player Rankings.
- The 33-year-old Malan has reached 915 points, and thus became the first player to cross the 900-point mark in the format.
- Before him, Australia’s Aaron Finch reached exactly 900 points in July 2018.
- Babar Azam (871) of Pakistan in second position and Aaron Finch (835) of Australia in third position in the list.
- India’s KL Rahul is at fourth position, while Virat Kolhi’s rank has dropped to 9th in the list.
World Cooperative Monitor report 2021: IFFCO ranks first
- The Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) has been ranked ‘number one Cooperative’ among the top 300 cooperatives in the world.
- The ranking is based on the ratio of turnover over the gross domestic product (GDP) per capita.
- It signifies that IFFCO is contributing significantly to the GDP and economic growth of the nation.
- The 2021 edition of the 10th Annual World Cooperative Monitor (WCM) report, withholding its position from the 2020 edition.
NCC launches programmes to honour 1971 War bravehearts:
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) is conducting ‘Azadi ki Vijay Shrankhla aur Sanskritiyon ka Mahasangam’ event as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- ‘Azadi ki Vijay Shrankhla’ is being conducted from November 28 to December 10, 2021 wherein bravehearts of 1971 War are being honoured at 75 locations throughout the country.
- ‘Sanskritiyon ka Maha Sangam’, a special national integration camp will be conducted in Delhi wherein candidates from all over the country will participate in a cultural exchange.
- The event will also showcase cultural diversity of India, especially from border and coastal areas where NCC has been introduced recently to strengthening ‘Unity in Diversity’.
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (New Delhi) announces awards :
- BEE announces 31st National Energy Conservation Awards and 1st National Energy Efficiency Innovations Awards.
- Bureau of Energy Efficiency, under the guidance of Ministry of Power, recognizes and encourages endeavors of industrial units, institutions and establishments in reducing energy consumption by felicitating them with National Energy Conservation Awards (NECA) on the occasion of National Energy Conservation Day, celebrated on 14th December every year.
- This year, a new award – National Energy Efficiency Innovation Awards (NEEIA) is also institutionalized.
Ratan Tata to get Assam’s highest civilian award:
- On the occasion of Assam Divas, the state government of Assam has decided to accolade renowned industrialist Ratan Tata with the ‘Asom Bhaibav’ award, the highest civilian state award for his contribution to cancer care in the state.
- The Tata Trust, in collaboration with the Assam government, had decided to set up 19 cancer care units during the ‘Advantage Assam – Global Investment Summit’ in 2018 and an MoU had been signed between the Assam government and Tata Trusts.
- With healthcare as one of its top priorities, the Assam government is showing its appreciation towards Tata’s push to cancer care in the region.