Daily Vocabulary : 18/07/2019
1. LAGGARD (NOUN): (सुस्त): idler
Synonyms: straggler, lingerer
Antonyms: winner, hard worker
Ankit was always the laggard who finished in last place.
2. ACQUIESCE (VERB): (मौन स्वीकृति देना): accede
Synonyms: conform, comply
Antonyms: deny, resist
I would rather acquiesce to my younger brother’s wish.
3. FLACCID (ADJECTIVE): (शिथिल): nerveless
Synonyms: enfeebled, debilitated
Antonyms: taut, firm
The patient’s condition is appearing as flaccid as at first.
4. ABORTIVE (ADJECTIVE): (निष्फल): vain
Synonyms: useless, fruitless
Antonyms: productive, progressive
She made an abortive attempt to climb the mountain.
5. CLOUT (NOUN): (प्रभाव): influence
Synonyms: power, dominance
Antonyms: powerlessness, incompetence
Ministers often use their clout to get what they want.
6. DITHER (NOUN): (आंदोलन): agitation
Synonyms: tizzy, panic
Antonyms: calm, peace
He is in such a dither that he don’t know what to do.
7. ABASEMENT (NOUN): (अपमान): A low or downcast state
Synonyms: abjection, humiliation
Antonyms: praising, commendable
Every disaster brought my brother into an attitude of abasement.
8. DELINEATE (VERB): (चित्रित करना): describe
Synonyms: define, depict
Antonyms: distort, confuse
It is very difficult to delineate this chapter in few words
9. BLEARY (ADJECTIVE): (अस्पष्ट): blurred
Synonyms: dim, dull
Antonyms: bright, clear
I don’t like the bleary atmosphere.
10. DECIMATE (VERB): (बरबाद करना): annihilate
Synonyms: exterminate, obliterate
Antonyms: create, build
The corrupt politicians decimated the whole new policy.