Daily Vocabulary : 17/07/2019
1. OPACITY (NOUN): (अस्पष्टता): non-transparency
Synonyms: darkness, obscurity
Antonyms: brightness, cognizance
I could not see anything due to opacity.
2. SUBVERSION (NOUN): (विनाश): destruction, end
Synonyms: sabotage, disruption
Antonyms: continuation, assistance
I don’t know the extent of the others’ subversion.
3. QUANTUM (NOUN): (परिमाण): quantity, amount
Synonyms: amount, measure
Antonyms: part, whole
Measuring the quantum amount of the object destroyed it.
4. LEGITIMATE (ADJECTIVE): (वैध): legal, judicial
Synonyms: sensible, consistent
Antonyms: abnormal, illegal
The children were legitimate and legal heirs.
5. DISPENSATION (NOUN): (व्यवस्था): system, arrangement
Synonyms: allotment, courtesy
Antonyms: denial, veto
To get a divorce, they need to request a dispensation from the leader.
6. PROPAGANDA (NOUN): (प्रचार प्रसार): information used in a political point of view
Synonyms: indoctrination, publicity
Antonyms: truth, principle
During election season, politicians try to beat rivals by airing propaganda.
7. DISCLOSURE (NOUN): (प्रकटीकरण): declaration, revelation
Synonyms: acknowledgement, confession
Antonyms: concealment, secret
Owing to the disclosure of some of its secrets, the organisations became liberalised.
8. DISCRETIONARY (ADJECTIVE): (विवेकाधीन): optional or non-compulsory
Synonyms: unrestricted, elective
Antonyms: non-discretionary, restricted
You have now the discretionary power for the recruitment.
9. ANONYMITY (NOUN): (अनामिता): the condition of being anonymous
Synonyms: namelessness, ambiguity
Antonyms: lucidity, certainty
She wants herself anonymity.
10. RELUCTANCE (NOUN): (अनिच्छा): unwillingness
Synonyms: hesitancy, objection
Antonyms: acceptance, allowance
He tossed in a hint of reluctance.