Union Ministers Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Smriti Irani launch Toycathon 2021
Union Minister for Education, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank Union Minister for Textiles Smriti Zubin Irani launched the Toycathon 2021.
- The main objective of this Toycathon is to create awareness among school students about the rich cultural heritage of our country
- The Toycathon will majorly focus on conceptualizing new and innovative toys using local material.
Union cabinet approves MoC between India & Japan on ‘Specified Skilled Worker’
Union Cabinet of India has approved Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and Japan.
- This MoC will create Joint Working Group will also be set up for following up on the implementation of this MOC.
- Under this Moc Skilled Indian workers from various sectors like Nursing care, Building cleaning, Material Processing industry will get job opportunities to work in Japan
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
- Prime Minister: Yoshihide Suga
Central Government constitutes high-level group headed by Union Power Secretary Ram Vinay Shahi
Central Government of India has constituted high-level group to build a South Asia-focused energy security architecture.
- This group will be headed by Union Power Secretary Ram Vinay Shahi. This group was named as South Asia Group for Energy (SAGE).
- The Objective of this group is to promote and facilitate effective policy dialogue among South Asian countries.
Health Ministry and Dell Technologies jointly launches Healthcare Mobile App
Union Health Ministry and Dell Technologies Jointly launched Healthcare Mobile App
- The main aim to launch this mobile app is to manage non-communicable diseases (NCDs) at the government primary health centres (PHCs) in the country.
- The app has been developed by Tata Trusts and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
About Union Health Ministry:
- Union Minister: Harsh Vardhan
- Minister of State: Ashwini Kumar Choubey
India flagged of 40th Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica
India flagged off the 40th Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica Mormugao Port, Goa.
- The 40th expedition journey was flagged off from Goa on January 5, 2021, with 43 members onboard.
- This mission journey and will reach Antarctica in 30 days.
- The chartered ice-class vessel MV Vasiliy Golovnin has been chosen for this expedition
Madhya Pradesh State Government launches ‘Launch Pad Scheme’ for youths
State Government of Madhya Pradesh, has launched the Launch Pad Scheme for the youths of the state. This scheme was launched by Women and Child Development Department.
- This scheme will give a platform to youths, through which they will be able to become self-reliant by continuing their education and training
- WCD Department has provided Rs. 6 lakh for this scheme
About Madhya Pradesh:
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief Minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
Uttar Pradesh launches Kisan Kalyan Mission to double the farmer’s income
Uttar Pradesh Government has launched Kisan Kalyan Mission with an aim to double the farmer’s income.
- Under the mission, various meetings will be conducted for farmers. Information will be provided to farmers on these meetings.
- The state government will also select 100 progressive farmers in each district of the state and facilitate them
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
Alexander Ellis designated as new British High Commissioner to India
Alexander Ellis has been appointed as the new British High Commissioner to India. He succeeds Sir Philip Barton.
- He has earlier served as High Commissioner to Lisbon and Brazil
- He was also served as Deputy National Security Adviser in the UK
- Capital: London
- Prime minister: Boris Johnson
GJC appoints Ashish Pethe as Chairman, Saiyam Mehra as vice chairman
The All India Gem & Jewellery Domestic Council (GJC) has appointed Ashish Pethe as its Chairman, while Saiyam Mehra as vice chairman.
- Both of them have been appointed for a period of two years.
- Ashish Pethe was the Zonal Chairman West and he will continue to handle this position while being Chairman of GJC.
- Founded: 2005
- Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
MoUs & Agreements
DRDO inks MOU with Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation to install DRDO’s biodigester units
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation to conserve water and protect environment.
- Under this MoU, Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation will install DRDO’s eco-friendly biodigester units (a non-sewered sanitation technology) in its facilities.
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: New Delhi
World Bank and Indian Government signs loan agreement worth 105 million dollars to advance Waterways in West Bengal
Indian Government and World Bank signed loan agreement worth 105 million dollar to improve waterways in west bengal
- This project will enhance the capacity and improve the safety of the Inland Water Transport system
- This 105 million dollars loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), has a maturity of 17 years, including a grace period of 7 years.
About West Bengal:
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
Reports & Rankings
World Bank releases the Global Economic Prospects Report – India’s Growth to be 5.4% in 2021-22
The World Bank has released the Global Economic Prospects (GEP) report. According to the report, the global economic growth is projected at 4 per cent for the year 2021.
- India is projected to grow at 5.4% in financial year 2021-22 and at the rate of 5.2% in the financial year 2022-23.
- The Report also states that China will grow at 7.9% in 2021 and at 5.2% in 2022.
RBI introduces Legal Entity Identifier for NEFT, RTGS transactions above Rs 50 crore from April
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced the Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) for payment transactions above Rs 50 crore including Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT).
- This will come into effect from April 01, 2021.
The Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) is a 20-digit number used to uniquely identify parties to financial transactions worldwide.
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Journalism Day was celebrated across Maharashtra on January 6
Maharashtra state government celebrated Journalism Day on January 6 annually. This day celebrated every year in the memory of late journalist Balshastri Jambhekar.
- Balshastri Jambhekar is also known as The Father of Marathi Journalism. He was born on 6 January 1812.