Union Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurates advanced Hypersonic Wind Tunnel test facility
Union Minister for Defence inaugurated the advanced Hypersonic Wind Tunnel (HWT) test facility of the DRDO in Hyderabad.
- With this India has become the third country to have such a huge facility in size and capability after America and Russia.
- The facility has the capability to simulate hypersonic flow over a wide spectrum.
- Founded: 1958
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Country’s First Centre of Excellence for Skill Development in Power Sector launched in Haryana
Skill India has established first Centre of Excellence for Skill Development in Power Sector in the campus of National Institute of Solar Energy, Gurugram Haryana
- This was launched by Minister of State for Skill Development, Raj Kumar Singh.
- The centre will design and deliver Training for Trainers, Instructors, Training of Assessors and other high-end programme in the power and solar sector.
Union Tribal Minister launches Tribes India showrooms in Kolkata and Gwalior
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs shri Arjun Munda has launched Tribes India showrooms in Kolkata and Gwalior Virtually through video conferencing.
- “Tribes India Showroom” is an initiative of TRIFED, Ministry of Tribal Affairs to promote the livelihood of the tribal people marketing.
About Union Tribal Ministry:
- Union Minister Arjun Munda
- Minister of State: Renuka Singh Saruta
‘Varasat’ campaign initiated in Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh state government has launched Varasat campaign to curb property & land-related disputes in rural areas.
- Under this varasat scheme People will get proper paper documents of their land property.
- The villagers will get both online and offline facilities for registering their ‘Varasat’.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow (Executive Branch)
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
Rankings & Reports
IMD publishes ‘End of the Season—Southwest Monsoon 2020’ report
India Meteorological Department (IMD) has released the ‘End of the Season—Southwest Monsoon 2020’ report.
- As per the report South Peninsula have receives highest Seasonal rainfalls.
- The seasonal (June-September) rainfall over the country as a whole was 109%. It was third highest after 1994 & 2019.
- Founded: 1875
- Headquarters: New Delhi
Summits & Conference
Union External Affairs Minister addresses 5th Annual Global Technology Summit
Union Minister for External Affairs S. Jaishankar addressed 5th Annual Global Technology Summit.
- The theme of the 2020 GTS was “The Geopolitics of Technology”.
- Global Technology Summit is one of the four flagship annual conferences organised by MEA.
- The other three conferences are the Raisina Dialogue, the Geo-economic dialogue, and the Indian Ocean Conference.
IORA Council of Ministers Meeting Held in UAE Virtually
20th The Indian Ocean Rim Association Council of Ministers (COM) Meeting was held virtually. This was conducted by United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- The theme of the meeting was “Promoting a Shared Destiny and Path to Prosperity in the Indian Ocean”.
- Indian side was represented by Shri V. Muraleedharan, MoS, Ministry of External Affairs.
- Headquarter : Ebene, Mauritius
- Founded: March 7, 1997
PM Modi addresses Sixth Indo-Japan SAMVAD Conference
Prime Minister of India shri Narendra Modi has addressed the Sixth Indo-Japan SAMVAD Conference
- The aim of this conference to highlight shared values of humanism, democracy, freedom, Ahimsa, and tolerance of both the countries
- This Indo-Japan SAMVAD conferences has started 5 years ago in the year 2015
“ASSOCHAM Enterprise of the Century Award” won by Industrialist Ratan Tata
Industrialist Ratan Tata won the ASSOCHAM Enterprise of the Century Award on the ‘ASSOCHAM Foundation Week 2020’ which was addressed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- This award was given to him for his distinguished contributions to the country.
- The theme of the programme was ‘India’s resilience: Atmanirbhar roadmap towards $5 trillion economies.’
Indian Government approves four indigenous sports in Khelo India Youth Games 2021
The Sports Ministry has approved the inclusion of four indigenous Games to be a part of Khelo India Youth Games 2021, scheduled to take place in Haryana.
The 4 games are
- Gatka (Punjab)
- Kalaripayattu (Kerala)
- Thang-Ta (Manipur)
- Mallakhamba (Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra)
The Khelo India Youth Games aims to provide rising talents in the country with a national platform to showcase their skills.
Boxing World Cup championship – India wins 9 medals including 3 Golds
India won nine medals including three gold, two silver and four bronze at the Cologne Boxing World Cup ended in Cologne, German
- Amit Panghal won gold in men’s category while Manisha Moun and Simranjit Kaur won gold in Women’s category.
- In the women’s category, AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships bronze medallist Simranjit Kaur Baath beat the German opponent Maya Kleinhans while Amit Pangal defeated France’s Billal Bennama
- Manisha Moun defeated AIBA Women’s Youth World Champion Sakshi Choudhary
- Headquarters location: Lausanne, Switzerland
- President: Umar Nazarovich Kremlev
- Founded: 1946
Raj Nath Singh hands over 3 defence systems to Chiefs of Armed Forces
The Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh recently handed over three indigenously developed high technology systems to chiefs of the three armed forces.
- These 3 system are can be used in Border Surveillance.
The Defence System namely
- Border Surveillance System (BOSS) to Army Chief General M M Naravane.
- Indian maritime situational awareness system (IMSAS) to Navy Chief Admiral Karambir Singh
- Astra Mk-1 missile system to Air Chief Marshal R K S Bhadauria
Veteran Journalist MG Vaidya passes away
Veteran Journalist and first official RSS Spokesperson MG Vaidya passed away. He was 97 He became a member of the RSS in 1943.
- His son Dr. Manmohan is a senior RSS head and another is the co-convenor of Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh.
National Mathematics Day is celebrated on December 22
National Mathematics Day is celebrated every year on December 22 to recognize the achievements of the Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- He is contributed to the theory of numbers include pioneering discoveries of the properties of the partition function.
- This day was announced by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on 26 February 2012