Union External Affairs Minister launched India’s Economic Diplomacy website
Union Minister for External Affairs S Jaishankar has launched Ministry’s Economic Diplomacy website.
- This website is launched with an aim to showcase India’s economic strengths as well as sectoral and state-wise strengths.
- The Website was launched in line with Prime Minister’s vision of doubling farmers’ income by 2022,
- The Website has information on global mineral resources and governments and opportunities for agricultural exports
Prime Minister Modi inaugurates world’s largest renewable energy park in Gujarat
Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi has laid foundation stone of the 30,000 megawatt (MW) capacity hybrid renewable energy park in Kutch district of Gujarat. This is the world’s largest renewable energy park in Gujarat.
- It is expected to play a major role in fulfilling India’s vision of generating 450 GW (4,50,000 mw) of power by 2030.
Uttar Pradesh to launch ‘Kisan Kalyan Mission’ for the Welfare of Farmers
Uttar Pradesh State Government will launch ‘Kisan Kalyan Mission’ for doubling farmer’s Income.
- Under this mission many departments of state such as agriculture marketing Mandi Parishad, Horticulture, animal husbandry, fisheries, sugarcane food and supply and Panchayati Raj will work together.
About Uttar Pradesh:
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
Subhash Chandra Bose Museum to be set up in Kolkata in 2022
The Government of India is to set Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum on January 23, 2022.
- The museum is to be inaugurated on the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji. The museum is to be inaugurated on the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji.
- The Museum highlights the role of the people of Indian origin, especially in South East Asia and their contributions to the Indian National Army.
About West Bengal:
- Governor: Jagdeep Dhankhar
- Capital: Kolkata
SAIL receives Golden Peacock Environment Management Award for the year 2021
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) has won the Golden Peacock Environment Management Award 2020 in the Steel Sector by the Institute of Directors.
- SAIL has been the winner of this award for successive two years. This award is one of the most prestigious awards in the category.
- CEO: Anil Kumar Chaudhary
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 19 January 1954
Prasar Bharti CEO Shashi Shekhar Vempati designated as Vice President of ABU
Prasar Bharati Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Shashi Shekhar Vempati was designated as Vice President as Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU). His tenure of appointment is 3 years.
- Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) is a broadcasting associations in the world which is located on Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Headquarters: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- President: İbrahim Eren
About Prasar Bharti:
- CEO: Shashi Shekhar Vempati
- Founded: 23 November 1997
MoUs & Agreements
Indian Government & World Bank inks agreement worth 400 million dollar
Government of India and World Bank signed agreement for a Project worth 400 million dollar to protect India from COVID19.
- Earlier the bank approved 750 million dollar agreement in May 2020.
- The agreement was signed by Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs CS Mohapatra and Sumila Gulyani, Acting Country Director, India, on behalf of the World Bank.
About World Bank:
- President: David Malpass
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States
India and Bangladesh sign 7 agreements in a Virtual Summit
India and Bangladesh have signed 7 agreement in a summit which is held through online mode.The Virtual Summit was held between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- Both the countries agreed to promote two-way investment, technology transfer, joint studies and capacity building in hydrocarbons.
- The agreements and MoUs were signed in Dhaka by the High Commissioner of India Vikram Doraiswami on behalf of India and officials of Bangladesh.
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
India & NDB signed 1,000 dollar million loan agreement to boost India’s Economy
Indian Government and New Development Bank (NDB) have inked agreement worth 1,000 dollar million to support India’s economic recovery from COVID-19.
- The loan will support expenditures on rural infrastructure related to natural resource management (NRM) and rural employment generation under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS).
- Headquarters location: Shanghai, China
- President: Marcos Prado Troyjo
- Founder: BRICS
Science & Technology
ISRO launches India’s 42nd communication satellite CMS-01 from Sriharikota
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) which is the national space agency of the Republic of India, headquartered in Bengaluru has lauched the 42nd communication satellite of India name CMS-01 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
- Earlier ISRO has launched the EOS-01, an earth observation satellite, is intended to provide agriculture, forestry and disaster management support.
- It is the 77th launch for the national space agency ISRO.
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
ISRO launched Space Situational Awareness Control Center
ISRO has launched Control Center named NETRA for Space Situational Awareness with an aim to monitor, track and protect India’s space assets.
- The control centre is envisaged to function as a hub of all SSA activities within India
- The control centre was launched by Chairman, ISRO and Secretary, Department of Space K Sivan
- The Centre was launched at ISTRAC campus at Peenya, Bengaluru.
2030 Asian Games to be hosted by Doha, Qatar
Qatar Capital Doha will host 2030 Asian Games While Riyadh was named as host of the 2034 edition. Qatar will also host the 2022 World Cup.
- Doha previously organized the Asian Games in 2006.
- The Asian Games is a continental multi-sport event held every four years among athletes from all over Asia.
- The Games were regulated by the Asian Games Federation
International Migrants Day is celebrated on 18 December
Every year International Migrants Day is observed on 18 December to provide equal protection of all their human rights. This Day was proclaimed by United Nations
- The meaning and message of International Migrants Day is- we learn together, create together, work together, sing, dance, and play together.
National Minorities Rights Day – December 18
National Minorities Rights Day is celebrated annually on December 18. This day is celebrated by is celebrated by the National Commission for Minorities in India.
- The aim of this day is to educate people and focus on the rights of minorities in India.
- This day also focuses on bringing a better understanding and educating people about the issues related to minorities and their safety.