Union Science and Technology Ministry organizes Vigyan Yatra
Union Ministry of Science and Technology organized Vigyan Yatra. This Vigyan Yatra is celebrated as the promotional activity of the India International Science Festival.
- Every year International Science Festival demonstrates how science can lead India towards development in short period of time.
- Theme for this year science festival is : Science for Self-Reliant India and Global Welfare
The Indian Coast Guard launches Operation Oliva to protect Turtles
The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) which is a multi-mission organization, conducting round-the-year real-life operations at sea has launched Operation Oliva to protect endangered Olive Ridley turtles in Odisha.
- This operation would prevent the entry of fishing vessels into the prohibited zone.
About Operation Oliva:
Operation Olive was launched by the Union government in the year 1999. ICG conducts this operation every year to protect the marine species.
First Trilateral Working Group Meeting between India, Iran, Uzbekistan held through Video Conferencing
The first Trilateral Working Group Meeting between India, Iran and Uzbekistan on the joint use of Chabahar Port was held virtually through Video Conferencing.
- The Meeting was attended by Secretary (Shipping), Sanjeev Ranjan, Government of India, Deputy Minister of Transport, Uzbekistan D. Dehkanov and Deputy Transport Minister of Iran, Shahram Adamnejad.
- Capital: Tehran
- Currency: Iranian rial
- President: Hassan Rouhani
- Capital: Tashkent
- Currency: Uzbekistani som
- President: Shavkat Mirziyoyev
Union AYUSH Ministry gives nod to 200 AYUSH Health & Wellness Centres in Uttarakhand
Ministry of AYUSH has approved 200 AYUSH Health & Wellness Centres (HWC) in Uttarakhand.
- The AYUSH Ministry will provide necessary technical support. The overall responsibility of planning, implementation and providing essential support to the Trust to carry out designated activities will be rested with the State Government of Uttarakhand.
- The Central Government has decided to operationalise 12,500 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres in phased manner by the year 2023-2024 in all over India.
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- Chief Minister: Trivendra Singh Rawat
Food processing centre to be launched in Srinagar by UAE
The UAE-based Lulu group is planned to set up a food processing centre in Srinagar for sourcing a wide range of agri products from Jammu and Kashmir.
- The food processing unit would be set to source a wide range of agri products from Jammu and Kashmir.
- This was announced was made by Yusuffali MA, chairman of Lulu Group.
India Post Payments Bank launches its digital payments’ services ‘DakPay’ for its customers
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) in collaboration with Department of Posts (DoP) have launched a new digital payment app ‘DakPay’ virtually.
- The App is launched as part of its ongoing efforts to provide Digital Financial inclusion.
About India Post Payments Bank:
- India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) has been established under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication with 100% equity owned by Government of India.
- Founded: 1 September 2018
- Headquarters location: New Delhi
- Parent organization: India Post
World’s largest scooter factory to be launched by Ola in Tamil Nadu
Ola Electric has planned to set up the ‘world’s largest’ electric scooter manufacturing plant worth Rs 2,400-crore ($320 million) in Hosur, Tamil Nadu (TN).
- Ola has signed a memorandum of understanding with the TN government for this facility. Initially, the factory will have an annual manufacturing capacity of 2 million units.
- The Objective of this initiative is to make India a manufacturing hub for electric vehicles
CRISIL forecasted India’s GDP at -7.7% for the year 2021
CRISIL that is an Indian analytical company providing ratings, research, and risk and policy advisory services has forecasted India’s GDP at -7.7% against -9% in September.
- For the fiscal year 2021-22 (FY22), CRISIL project the growth of India to reach at 10%.
- CEO: Ashu Suyash
- Founded: 1987
- Headquarters: Mumbai
GRSE built ‘Himgiri’, the first of the three Project 17A ships launched in Kolkata
Himgiri’, the first of the three Project 17A ships being built at M/s Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE), Kolkata was launched in Indian Navy.
- Under this 17A project program, a total of seven ships, four at Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited and three ships at GRSE are being built with enhanced stealth features, advanced indigenous weapon and sensor fit along with several other improvements.
About Indian Navy:
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh
- Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff (DCNS): Vice Admiral M. S. Pawar
- Founded: 26 January 1950
Russia launches new Angara A5 heavy-lift rocket
Russia successfully launched its heavy lift Angara A5 space rocket for the second time.Angara A5 is designed to replace the Proton M heavy-lift rocket.
- It launched from Plesetsk cosmodrome in northwest Russia and is the second time it has been tested.
- Its first successful test launch took place in 2014.
Prime Minister of Eswatini, Ambrose Dlamini passes away
Eswatini Prime Minister Ambrose Dlamini has passed away Due to COVID 19. He was 52
- Dlamini had been prime minister of Eswatini, formerly known as Swaziland, since October 2018. Dlamini was appointed as the tenth prime minister of the country in October 2018.
- Capitals: Mbabane, Lobamba
- Currency: Swazi lilangeni
Aerospace scientist Roddam Narasimha passes away at 87
Noted Aerospace scientist Roddam Narasimha has passed away at the age of 87.
- He also served as the director of the National Aerospace Laboratories from 1984 to 1993.
- He was the chairperson of the Engineering Mechanics unit at the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) in Bengaluru from 2000 to 2014
Former West Bengal MP Radhika Ranjan Pramanik Dies
Veteran politician and five-time MP Radhika Ranjan Pramanik died at the age of 88 due to age-related problems .
- He was elected to Lok Sabha five times from Mathurapur on a CPI(M) ticket, beginning 1989.
- He has joined the maa-mati-manush movement to make our democratic movement stronger.
Vijay Diwas is commemorated on 16 December
Vijay Diwas is commemorated every 16th December in India, to observe Indian military’s victory over Pakistan in Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 for the liberation of Bangladesh from Pakistan.
- The anniversary of Vijay Divas is observed across India by paying tributes to the martyrs who laid down their lives for the nation.