Daily Current Affairs – September 07 2019
- September 7, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Uncategorized
September 7 – International Vulture Awareness Day
- The first Saturday in September each year is International Vulture Awareness Day.So this year International Vulture Awareness Day is observed on September 7. Vultures are an ecologically vital group of birds that face a range of threats in many areas that they occur. Populations of many species are under pressure and some species are facing extinction.
Mini Conclave of First Investor Summit-2019 is held in Leh
- After abrogation of Article 370 and 35A, the Mini Conclave of First Jammu and Kashmir Investor Summit-2019 is held in Leh.
- Addressing the investors, the Jammu and Kashmir Industries & Commerce Principal Secretary Navin Kumar Choudhary said the latest political developments are meant for rapid development in the state.
India Pavilion at 44th Toronto International Film Festival 2019
- High Commissioner of India to Canada Shri Vikas Swarup inaugurated the India Pavilion at the 44th Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) 2019. The Inauguration of India Pavilion at TIFF 2019 will provide a platform to showcase Indian Cinema in the overseas market and facilitate new business opportunities.
First Mega Food Park in Lakkampally of Telangana state
- Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Hon’ble Union Minister of Food Processing Industries inaugurated the first Mega Food Park in Telangana promoted by M/s Smart Agro Food Park Pvt. Ltd. at Village Lakkampally, Nandipet Mandal of Nizamabad District, Telangana state.
- The Park will also provide direct and indirect employment to 50,000 youth and benefit about 1 lakh farmers. Mega Food parks shall facilitate doubling of farmer’s income by 2022 which is a primary agenda of Govt in the field of agriculture.
6th India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue
- The 6th India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue (SED) begins in New Delhi. The three-day dialogue will comprise of round table meetings of joint working groups on infrastructure, energy, high-tech, resource conservation, pharmaceuticals and policy coordination.
- The Indian side will be led by Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar and the Chinese side by Chairman of National Development and Reforms Commission (NDRC).
8th Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER) at Abu Dhabi
- Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, accompanied by an official and business delegation, will be visiting Saudi Arabia, UAE and Qatar from 7-12 September 2019. He will engage with his counterparts in oil & gas as well as steel sectors in three countries and also participate in the 8th Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable (AMER) at Abu Dhabi on 10 September, where India is the co-Host along with UAE.
RCEP Ministerial Meeting in Bangkok
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways, Piyush Goyal, will attend the 7th RCEP Ministerial Meeting, 16th ASEAN India Economic Ministers (AEM) meeting and the 7th East Asia Economic Ministers Summit being held in Bangkok from 8-10 September 2019.
- The meetings will be attended by Economic Ministers and senior leaders of ten ASEAN member countries and eight East Asia Summit (EAS) countries.
The Exhibition ‘Superbugs: The End of Antibiotics?’organised by NCSM of Culture Ministry
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan and Minister of State for Culture (Independent Charge) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel jointly inaugurated the exhibition ‘Superbugs: The End of Antibiotics?’ at National Science Centre, New Delhi.
- The Exhibition explores how society is responding to the enormous challenge of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and antibacterial resistance (ABR) in particular featuring scientific research from across the globe and personal stories of those waging war on Superbugs.
India, South Korea sign two major agreements
- India and South Korea have signed two major agreements to further defence educational exchanges and extend logistical support to each other’s Navies. The agreements will help enhance defence co-operation between two countries.
- The agreements were signed after the talks between Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his South Korean counterpart Jeong Kyeongdoo in Seoul.
Second Volume of ‘Loktantra Ke Swar’ and ‘The Republican Ethic’
- Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu released the books ‘Loktantra Ke Swar (Khand 2)’ and ‘The Republican Ethic (Volume 2)’ in a function organized at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra, New Delhi.
- The books are a compilation of 95 speeches delivered by the President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind during his second year in office (July 2018 to July 2019). They have been brought out by Publications Division under Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
28TH Indo–Thai CORPAT
- 28th edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between the Indian Navy (IN) and the Royal Thai Navy (RTN) is being conducted from 05 – 15 September 2019.
- Indian Naval (IN) Ship Kesari and His Majesty’s Thailand Ship (HTMS) Kraburi along with Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both the navies are participating in the CORPAT.
Sri Lanka bowler takes four wickets in four balls for second time
Sri Lanka’s Lasith Malinga became the first player to take four wickets in four balls twice in international cricket as Sri Lanka beat New Zealand in the third Twenty20 international.
The hat-trick was Malinga’s fifth in international cricket, the most by any bowler, and also saw him become the first man to take 100 T20 wickets.