Daily Current Affairs November 16, 2021
Purvanchal Expressway was inaugurated by PM.
- It starts at Chand Saray village in Lucknow district and ends at Haydaria village in Ghazipur district.
- The length of Purvanchal expressway is 340.824 KM , It has completed in 36 months.
- The Cost of this Project is Rs. 22,494.66 crore Including the cost of land
India’s First fisheries incubator launched in Haryana’s Gurugram with the cost of Rs. 3.23 crore
- The first ever LINOC-NCTC Fisheries Career Guidance Center in Haryana’s Gurugram was inaugurated today by the Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Mr. Parshotham Rupala.
- The center has been set up at a cost of Rs 3.23 crore. It was created with the aim of developing fisheries start-ups.
Border Roads Organization got Recognition in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The world’s tallest motorway has been set at 19,024 feet at the Umlingla Pass in Ladakh.
- In recognition of this, the Director General of Border Roads, Lieutenant General Rajiv Chaudhary, was presented with the Guinness World Record Certificate on November 14, 2021 by Mr. Rishinath, Official Referee of the Guinness Book of World Records based in the United Kingdom.
Tamil film Koohangal and also including 9 films selected for ICFT-UNESCO Gandhi Medal competition
- The 52nd Indian International Film Festival ICFT-UNESCO has announced the list of films shortlisted for the Gandhi Medal competition.
- The festival is scheduled to be held in Goa from November 20 to 28.
Mamata banerjee launches “Duare Ration” scheme.
- On November 16, 2021.Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee, inaugurated the “Duare Ration Scheme” means ration at doorstep
- That government has also introduced the “Katya Sathi: Amar Ration mobile App”
- The government will be spending Rs160 crore For this scheme
Tamil Nadu CM launches TANCEM’s ‘Valimai’ cement brand
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Stalin introduced ‘Valimai’ — a new cement brand from Tamil Nadu Cements Corporation Limited .
- Industries Minister Thangam Thennarasu said ,”The two varieties of the Valimai cement brand are priced at ₹350 and ₹365 a bag”.
India buys Rs 22,000 crore worth of Predator drones with America
- The Indian Defence Ministry is expected to take up the case for the acquisition of 30 multi-mission armed Predator drones at a cost of $3 Billion (Rs 22,000 crore).
- The MQ-9B is recommended by the Department of Defense for the purchase of unmanned aerial vehicles
Shombi sharp appointed as United Nations resident coordinator in india
- UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres has apporved Shombi Sharp an international Development Expert has been appointed as the United Nations resident coordinator in India.
November 16 – International Day for Tolerance
- International Day for Tolerance was celebrated on November 16th of Every Year
- In 1995 United Nations had declared a Year for Tolerance by UNESCO on November 16.
November 16 – National Press Day
- National Press Day was celebrated on November 16th of Every Year.
- The aim of the National press day is to highlight the importance of the independent press in India.