Daily Current Affairs 7th April 2023
In India organ donation was increased 26%
- India continues to lead the world in organ donation and organ transplantation. However, due to the spread of the Corona virus, organ donation activities in India have come down drastically.
- As the spread of the corona virus has eased somewhat, organ donation has picked up again. 12,387 organs were donated in the year 2021 when the spread of Corona was seriously observed. This has increased by about 26 percent to 15,561 by 2022.
India has been elected to the highest statistical body of the United Nations
- India has won the UNSC election by getting 46 out of 53 votes. “India has been elected to the highest statistical body of the United Nations for a period of 4 years commencing January 1, 2024.
- India got 46 of the 53 votes, ahead of South Korea (23), China (19) and the United Arab Emirates (15)
Tidal Park in Trichy at a cost of ₹600 crore
- Industries Minister Thangam told the Assembly that a Tidal Park will be set up in Trichy ,Tamil Nadu at a cost of Rs 600 crore to increase IT development in the state. This will provide employment to 10,000 people in the IT sector.
- Also, Defense Electronics and Defense Industrial Park worth Rs.100 crore in 250 acres in Tiruvallur District, Diesel Innovation Centers worth Rs.10 crore in Chennai and Coimbatore under the name Diesel Biome, Tidal Park in Karaikudi Rasipuram worth Rs.70 crore and World Class Technology Park to be set up in Panjapur.
Haryana State has hiked midday meal budget by 58%
- The Haryana government has increased the budget for providing mid-day meals to students of 14,409 primary schools under the Pradhan Mantri Poshan Shakti Nirman (PM-POSHAN) scheme by 58% from ₹384 crores to ₹661 crores.
- In a state-level steering committee meeting for the mid-day meal programme, Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal directed officials to conduct a study in various sectors to improve the nutritional value of food.
Uttar Pradesh Government to open 10 new Sanskrit schools
- To promote Sanskrit education in Uttar Pradesh, the state government has decided to open 10 new government Sanskrit high schools, state education department officials said.
- These schools will come up in 10 districts namely Varanasi, Raebareli, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar, Moradabad, Shamli, Jalan, Etah, Amethi and Hardoi.
Aranganathan Literary awards on two writers
- On behalf of Munril Literary Organization, M.A Ranganathan Literary Award (2023) is going to be given to both writers Panchangam and Suresh Kumara Indi Rajith. The M.Aranganathan Literary Award is being presented on 16th April 2018 in memory of M.Aranganathan who is one of the unique creators of Tamil.
- This award is given to two outstanding writers who have contributed for many years in the field of literature such as novel, poem, short story, essay, drama, translation, study, poetry and criticism.
World Cup champions Argentina move to top of the FIFA rankings.
- World Cup champions Argentina topped the FIFA rankings after six years. World Cup runners-up France finished 2nd behind Argentina. The Netherlands and Ireland are both ranked sixth.
- Indian men’s football team has climbed 5 places to 101st in the world with 1200.66 points.
Jharkhand Education Minister Jakarnath Mahto passed away
- Mahto was airlifted to Chennai last month due to complications after a lung transplant in 2020.
- He passed away on Thursday in a Chennai hospital.
World Health Day
- The World Health Organization (WHO) was established on April 7, 1948. This day is celebrated as “World Health Day” every year.
- As this is the 75th anniversary, the World Health Organization has announced the theme for this year’s World Health Day is “Health for All”.