NDA(NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY) EXAM
NDA(NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY) DETAILS
(i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University. (ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
The age range for NDA 1 2018 is from 2nd July 1999 to 2nd July 2002. The actual date of birth mentioned in your matriculation certificate will be taken as final. No other certificate or affidavit will be accepted. The candidates must be unmarried and only male candidates are eligible for it.
GENDER & MARTIAL STATUS
Only unmarried male candidates can apply.
1. Exam Pattern 2.SSB Interview 3. Procedure of selection 4.Physical Qualification 5.DocumentVerification
- The application fee for general category students is Rs. 100/– and SC/ST and wards of NCOs/JCOs/Ors are exempted to pay the application fee.
- Lt. Colonel
- Major General
- Lt. General
PROCEDURE OF SELECTION
UPSC conducts NDA (National Defence Academy) Exam in Two Stages.
- Written Examination
- Physical Efficiency
- Document Verification
STAGE 1: EXAM PATTERN:
2 ½ hours
GAT (Section 1- English)
2 ½ hours
GAT (Section 2- General Knowledge)
UPSC follows a negative marking policy according to the NDA exam pattern and as many as 0.33 of the total marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. … If any question is left unanswered, no marks will be awarded or deducted against that question of NDA exam.
STAGE II: SSB INTERVIEW:
1.Those of you qualifying written test will be called for interview.
2. Services Selection Board (SSB) will conduct Intelligence and Personality Test for final selection.
3. The process consists of two stages.
Stage I: Comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception & Description Test (PP&DT). You will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
Stage II: Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
4. Your personality will be assessed by three different assessors viz. Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist.
5. All tests will have equal weightage.
6. Board will allot marks on the basis of initial performance in the three techniques.
STAGE III: PHYSICAL QUALIFICATION
Undesirable health issues
The candidate must not be suffering from any of these minor conditions at the time of medical examination –
- Wax (Ears)
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Hydrocele / Phimosis
- Condition of Overweight / Underweight
- Under Sized Chest
Case of Body Tattoos
- The candidate must ensure that any permanent body tattoos are present only on their inner side of forearm. Under no circumstances will UPSC accept tattoos on the inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are also not acceptable.
- In case the candidate happens to belong to a tribe where it is customary to have tattoo marks on the face or body, acceptance will be granted on a case to case basis, considering the traditions involved. The decision of authorities would be final in such instances.
STAGE IV: DOCUMENT VERIFICATION
- Original 10+2 or Class 12th passing certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
- Certificate of Eligibility for certain category of students.
- Category or Cast certificate applicable to SC, ST, OBC etc.
- Identity and Address Proof